HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Bon Voyage
United States, PA, Bridgeville
Joined Nov 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmacc View Post
Does anybody know what size the two screws are that go into the plastic motor mounts are? Mine stripped out and I would like to get maybe a hex head. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks
I think they are M3 x 1.34 x 16mm thread roll pan head thread forming screws. I could not find them anywhere.

You might want to look at HPI #94357. I have it in my notes that it is a TP button head screw, M3 x 18mm (HPIC4357). That was last summer and I don't remember the details. I think those are screws made for RC cars.

Mine suffered slight bends just below the heads on a few occasions. I straightened and reused them. Finally, I was flying and whenever I went beyond half throttle, I would hear a loud vibration. Eventually, one screw broke below the head, then the other and I managed to bring the plane down with the prop/motor/mounting plate hanging out the front without further damage.

I was left with broken screws in the plastic rails so that's when I bought and installed the Morgan Mill stiffener and motor mount kits.
donles is offline Find More Posts by donles
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
3,090 Posts
my standard ole 3mm screws seem to fit
gatorb8 is offline Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV 250 Cruiser Quad
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
Bon Voyage
United States, PA, Bridgeville
Joined Nov 2013
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
my standard ole 3mm screws seem to fit
Nice box.
donles is offline Find More Posts by donles
Last edited by donles; Yesterday at 08:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jan 2014
4 Posts
Fun cub on skis

what a blast!
globetrottin is offline Find More Posts by globetrottin
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM
USA, FL, Hobe Sound
Joined Dec 2006
161 Posts
Wing slats

Gabe 221
A while back you were looking for more info on slats, I know it has been a while but here are some really good pictures that I found, hope it helps you.
They also explain how the slats pivot just with air pressure.
I sure like the superstol
I tried to copy and paste the sites but could not so here
Wildwestaircraft.com (superstol)
Supercub.com (backcountry super cub)
lost is offline Find More Posts by lost
Last edited by lost; Yesterday at 11:15 PM. Reason: Wrong address spelling
Old Today, 08:17 AM
Joined Oct 2014
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donles View Post
I think they are M3 x 1.34 x 16mm thread roll pan head thread forming screws. I could not find them anywhere.

You might want to look at HPI #94357. I have it in my notes that it is a TP button head screw, M3 x 18mm (HPIC4357). That was last summer and I don't remember the details. I think those are screws made for RC cars.

Mine suffered slight bends just below the heads on a few occasions. I straightened and reused them. Finally, I was flying and whenever I went beyond half throttle, I would hear a loud vibration. Eventually, one screw broke below the head, then the other and I managed to bring the plane down with the prop/motor/mounting plate hanging out the front without further damage.

I was left with broken screws in the plastic rails so that's when I bought and installed the Morgan Mill stiffener and motor mount kits.
I do have the Morgan mill stiffener and motor mout kit. I'm not using the motor mount yet until I break the the nose on it. It is a new build and I can't maiden yet because of the weather.
Ericmacc is online now Find More Posts by Ericmacc