HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2015, 03:01 PM
RC Flyer
Malverne NY
Joined Jul 2007
411 Posts
Hi Darticus

I have been absent from this and other threads for 2 years now but have decided to give it another look .We chatted way back in the days of the first BUGS .

I bought mine back in March of 2008 and it is still agreat flyer .It has been repaired and crashed many times .It May have 1000 flights on it both indoors and out . I very seldom ever go to the flying field that I do not take it with me .

It may be one of Rons longest lasting BUGS

BUG is a great airplane ,Lets keep them flying .
Patsy 2 Shoes is offline Find More Posts by Patsy 2 Shoes
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2015, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2007
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy 2 Shoes View Post
Hi Darticus

I have been absent from this and other threads for 2 years now but have decided to give it another look .We chatted way back in the days of the first BUGS .

I bought mine back in March of 2008 and it is still agreat flyer .It has been repaired and crashed many times .It May have 1000 flights on it both indoors and out . I very seldom ever go to the flying field that I do not take it with me .

It may be one of Rons longest lasting BUGS

BUG is a great airplane ,Lets keep them flying .
My bug still great! Now building and flying some TWISTED HOBBYS KITS. Ron
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
Old Feb 02, 2015, 04:55 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
I just need to finish my bracing and I will be ready to fly. AUW with 2S 300ma battery 160g. I wasn't trying to go light. Turned out 30g heavier than my $Tree Bug.
Would a blue wonder motor work on this?
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Feb 02, 2015, 07:44 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,387 Posts
Someone mentioned Twistedhobbys and Lightflite Bugs mmmmm
Got the Crack Beaver from a good friend of mine and my Bug I got way back in 2008 too. I love both of these planes and they're a load of fun to fly. I put some LED lights on the Bug to fly on night missions. Cool to see they're still hanging in there. Love both kits.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Feb 02, 2015, 11:53 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Apr 2012
476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Would a blue wonder motor work on this?
My original Bug came with a blue wonder and is now in a $Tree Bug. I just ordered some lemon receivers, now I need to start building some new planes.
boa2110 is offline Find More Posts by boa2110
Old Feb 03, 2015, 07:53 AM
Joined Mar 2007
980 Posts
I'm actually flying one of my first 2008 bugs still. Should get another. They are great!
darticus is offline Find More Posts by darticus
Old Feb 03, 2015, 11:53 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2110 View Post
My original Bug came with a blue wonder and is now in a $Tree Bug. I just ordered some lemon receivers, now I need to start building some new planes.
I'm heading to the garage and start cutting. I'll order up a 5 pack myself and some motors from heads up.

Thanks for the link.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0