HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:19 PM
United States, WA, Clinton
Joined Jul 2012
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackR0ck View Post
Man, what a day. The wife had to work but got back with minutes of daylight to spare. Ran off to get a couple flights before the day ended at the one field location near me. Two great low altitude flights but number 3...

Let's just say my video problem is gone but after a punch out to let's say 400ft. Blah. Nose down two rolls in and then failsafe. Upside down and falling I had enough time to cuss up a storm, do a little dance and go take a smoke. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Phlumph. No more anything.

I'm starting to wonder if the old guy I met flying in the same field was right. He tells me back in the day he had a UHF setup that kept getting knocked out of the sky by something in that field.

Despite hundreds of feet of falling, the only lasting damage is a missing rubber camera grommet and every nylon screw on the rig. A better day is sure to come my way ��

I live close to some government Navy ships that even though they don't declare it sometimes emit well in excess of what they should. I have had times where everything from 30MHz past 5Ghz just drop for about 3 seconds and then everything re-establishes. Hard part is it only happens once or twice a week.

Glad the only thing is some screws.
TechIsCool is online now Find More Posts by TechIsCool
to remove ads between posts