Old Jul 27, 2015, 02:58 AM
Find More Posts by burbler
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Nov 2004
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexxan View Post
Hi all,
Well it was a TOTAL failure on start up. I bought the full combo with calibrated Mini TAGS and XG6
Can I suggest you re-initialize the servo neutral adjustment as outlined within the Tags setup information manual, in particular items 1 to 8. Each time I have crashed (their have been many times), I put everything back together including replacing servo gears etc... then go through these items within the manual. After initializing the tags will circle through its startup sequence and will then confirm all the servo's are cycling the correct way.

I am thinking that whilst the combo stated it was calibrated, this critical part of the setup may not have been completed.

Hope this helps.
burbler is offline Find More Posts by burbler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2015, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by jombo
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
I have the 700 but it hasn't been built yet. Ah Chem also has one and he likes it. I think everyone who has one only has good things to say about it. The only issue that has come up is the swash binding in cold temperatures, but JR will replace it if you have that problem.
Thank you The king Phisher . The cold weather flying and me testing to see if the swash will bind won't be a problem . I don't do cold and RC .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 27, 2015, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,932 Posts
Life on Earth

According to the guys on HF, the cold weather swash binding on the Forzas was something that threatened the very existence of life on this planet. Happily on my Forza, which I first flew in Winter, all I saw was some cyclic shakes. After some usage, the swash freed up just fine. And the planet survived.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Old Jul 27, 2015, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by Mexxan
Joined Oct 2008
101 Posts
Thanks burbles - I'll give that a shot. Ringing Mcgregor the uk distributors now.
Mexxan is offline Find More Posts by Mexxan
Old Jul 27, 2015, 08:20 AM
Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Joined Dec 2012
2,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Thank you The king Phisher . The cold weather flying and me testing to see if the swash will bind won't be a problem . I don't do cold and RC .
Yeah if you get it from HD when they have their usual 10% sales, it comes out to $675...which is a bargain.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:58 PM
Find More Posts by clarkmack
Indonesia, Bali, Denpasar
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
Maiden Fail! mini TAGS fail on Pitch resulting in repeated tip over - Please Help

Howdy
I had the same thing on my # 2 Mini Tags (You can try and reload the optimised file for it from the Jr site to reset it) This did not work for me though
It is currently on the way back to Jr Propo as I type this
While checking the axis after the setting Gyro direction setting I noticed the pitch servo was not adjusting to the angle of heli

Nothing wrong with the Servo (as you plugged it into another channel) Servo worked fine
Same as mine

I put Mini Tags # 1 on and it works like a dream

It turns out the Mini Tags # 2 has an internal problem , I sent mine back.

Clark
clarkmack is offline Find More Posts by clarkmack
Old Jul 27, 2015, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by clarkmack
Indonesia, Bali, Denpasar
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
TLS2 ROT Optical

I am having 1 issue with the TLS2 ROT Optical RPM sensor (Optical) sensor he is reading like 7000 rpm plus , I mounted it on the boom back below the Vertical fin and or next to the main shaft on the frame and it is mounted well within the 30 to 150mm as in the manual and I still get way too high of readings.

Works well on the Forza 450 but I have it run thru a Jr Rx 631 and I am using the XG 8 on a 500L Dominator

Perhaps the bigger blades messes with it ?

Anybody got a tip ?

Let me know what Y'll think about this eh ?

Thanks
clarkmack is offline Find More Posts by clarkmack
Old Jul 27, 2015, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by Mexxan
Joined Oct 2008
101 Posts
Thanks clarkmack for understanding what I was on about and confirming that this is a TAGS issue. Mines on its way back to the UK distributor.
Mexxan is offline Find More Posts by Mexxan
Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:25 AM
Find More Posts by burbler
Melbourne,Australia
Joined Nov 2004
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexxan View Post
Thanks clarkmack for understanding what I was on about and confirming that this is a TAGS issue. Mines on its way back to the UK distributor.
Hope you get it sorted, as this is one awesome bird to fly.
burbler is offline Find More Posts by burbler
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:44 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,308 Posts
I look foward to mine when i get to build it. Its not needed at this times as i have others to fly. Two FBL and one Fly-bared. I bought kit when good close out price.
Sometimes a good deal comes along and time to buy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
Find More Posts by 2Doggs
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,932 Posts
and when you do finally build it, you'll be kicking yourself for not having done so earlier, and putting up with flying 450 Pros and the like!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,308 Posts
I'm sure your right but like my ice cream after my meal. I'm sure the Forza will be Sweet.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04