New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2015, 01:32 PM
Find More Posts by panos2408
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,146 Posts
I am trying to set an aux port from naze to the alexmos board.

My setup is d4r-ii connected on naze32 (cppm). Since i can't directly connect the receiver to the gimbal controller to control the pitch of the gimbal i am trying to see if anyone succeeded controlling it through the naze. Any help would be appreciated.
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2015, 02:00 PM
Find More Posts by nerobro
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2003
110 Posts
I have a Naze32 that gets VERY hot when plugged in. It does talk to cleanflight, but it doesn't talk to servos.

any idea what's wrong with it?
nerobro is online now Find More Posts by nerobro
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by Nicoduf
Australia, WA, Albany
Joined Oct 2014
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffiti600rr View Post
Sorry. And yes I can see all of the channels working through the range.
Well I think I have another suggestion. I was troubleshooting why one of my quad didn't have as much power as expected. I was suspecting an ESC or motor, and in my troubleshooting ended up swapping the Naze for another one (to use blackbox) and to my great surprise it had a lot more power with the new FC ! I think maybe the old FC has a fault, or maybe a solder bridge somewhere... So if nothing else works, try having a good look at the flight controller, and see if you can spot any solder blob anywhere or any sort of damage (worth a shot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes7 View Post
Thanks so much Nicoduf!
I was wondering how to tell which transmitters are compatible with which receivers as the Taranis transmitters seem to be very expensive but the Turnigy seem to be much cheaper. Would the Turnigy work with the D4R- II?
Thanks again!
Yes it can, if you put a FrSky module into the Turnigy transmitter. For example I use a Turnigy 9XR with DJT module and D4R-II.
Or you can simply use a Turnigy module, this will cost you less (it won't be as good)
Quote:
Originally Posted by panos2408 View Post
I am trying to set an aux port from naze to the alexmos board.

My setup is d4r-ii connected on naze32 (cppm). Since i can't directly connect the receiver to the gimbal controller to control the pitch of the gimbal i am trying to see if anyone succeeded controlling it through the naze. Any help would be appreciated.
You can do it with using servo_tilt and the Motors tab in the cleanflight GUI. Look it up in the documentation (also I think it's changed in the latest version 1.9 so it depends on your version)
Unsure for baseflight but look for servo_tilt and maybe gimbal_flags
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerobro View Post
I have a Naze32 that gets VERY hot when plugged in. It does talk to cleanflight, but it doesn't talk to servos.

any idea what's wrong with it?
There's a good chance you have fried the chip
Nicoduf is offline Find More Posts by Nicoduf
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by panos2408
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,146 Posts
Nicoduf Thank you I will look it up thanks.
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by creapyd
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,378 Posts
Falling out of the sky?

H-King Color 250 quad frame with PDB board

AfroFlight Naze32 Acro AbuseMark FunFly Controller

Turnigy Multistar 6A V2 ESC With BLHeli and OPTO 2-3S

Turnigy Multistar 1704-1900Kv 12 Pole Multi-Rotor Outrunner V2

OrangeRx R110X DSMX/DSM2 Satellite Receiver.

5x3 gws style props (came with frame)

3s 2200mah batteries.

This is my first "real" quad. 60% of the time I can fly with zero problems and everthing is great.

40% of the time it falls out of the sky for absolutely no reason at all as far as I can tell.

It always rolls left when it falls out of the sky. I've swapped receivers from a real spektrum DSM2 receiver to the orangeRX one, and that didn't change anything. Nothing is blinking on ether the Naze or the receiver. battery power is just fine 80%. motors / escs are well under tolerances.

I've been flying RC for 8 years and i'm a developer so I mostly know what i'm doing, but these quads are new to me, and I have zero idea how to go about debugging this. It's infuriating because I can fly out 4 batteries in a row with zero problems one day, then the next it falls out of the sky every 3 minutes.

Help?
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by og1974
United States, OH, New Vienna
Joined Mar 2011
303 Posts
One of my naze32's quit putting out power to the rx, anyone have any idea of what might have caused this to happen? I flew a couple packs through it, took a break for a little while, then went to go up again and nothing. All 3 lights were on the FC but no power to the rx. I tried a different rx but that didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
og1974 is offline Find More Posts by og1974
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by attroachcontro
Approach_Control
United States, CA, Castaic
Joined May 2009
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by og1974 View Post
One of my naze32's quit putting out power to the rx, anyone have any idea of what might have caused this to happen? I flew a couple packs through it, took a break for a little while, then went to go up again and nothing. All 3 lights were on the FC but no power to the rx. I tried a different rx but that didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is your transmitter and receiver both DSMX OR DSM2?. I have the Taranis and the orange module . I fly Taranis receivers, orange DSMX, orange dsm2. When I switch between the DSMX and dsm2 receivers, I have to push the module 3 rapid push to switch between the 2 . just wondering if you have the same setup as mine.
attroachcontro is online now Find More Posts by attroachcontro
Old Today, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Wife sponsored
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
1,017 Posts
Hi guy's
I'm trying to get my 2-axis gimbal setup on my RC Explorer V3 integrated Naze32 Tricopter. I dont want cleanflight to do any active cam stabilization, I just want to pass a spare AUX channel threw so I can control the gimbal pitch with a POT (channel 10, AUX6). I use ONLY a sat receiver so I cant simply wire it up bypassing the FC, I have to get it setup to do passthrew.

Can anyone tell me what pin on the tricopter board? None of the pin's are marked with typical pin numbers, I'm hoping I can use one of the two unused output's since it's marked so nicely!

Note I'm using softserial but I think it's still possible because I think it uses one of the spare output pins, right?

Thanks!
Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer