SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian145 View Post
Yes! I LOVE my night vapor!!! I fly it all the time, in my living room, in my yard, and almost everywhere Also its so fun flying at night outside when there is no wind, It looks like a ufo when its really high up. Its really durable if you cut throttle when you crash, but since it has a brushed motor, it will need to be changed eventually for about 10$ and 5 minutes to hot glue it on.
+1--I'm a fan of the Night Vapor too, which my wife got me as a birthday present after I'd worn out of the original vapors. I find that the different colored lights really help me keep oriented, even flying in total darkness. It can do some surprisingly "high alpha" flight as well.
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
How would it handle in very slight wind? I have a 100 by 100 foot backyard, and there is some air from thermals(less than 1/2 miles per hour). Also, how slow can you fly the ember? I'm looking for something that is controllable in my backyard, or in a large living room.
1682ec is offline Find More Posts by 1682ec
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:46 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1682ec View Post
How would it handle in very slight wind? I have a 100 by 100 foot backyard, and there is some air from thermals(less than 1/2 miles per hour). Also, how slow can you fly the ember? I'm looking for something that is controllable in my backyard, or in a large living room.
Ember or champ will fly fine in 100X100. The Champ will handle wind. Only the Vapor will fly in a living room.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:04 AM
USA, FL, North Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1682ec View Post
The Night Vapor cannot handle much wind at all. If you can feel the breeze, you're going to be fighting it with the Vapor.

That being said, once you are comfortable with it, the Vapor can actually be fun to fly in a light breeze.
bowieb is offline Find More Posts by bowieb
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,925 Posts
I've had all 3, and I agree--the Champ handles wind the best of the 3 and could be flown in 100 x 100, but flying it in that space would feel the tightest/most constricted because its the fastest/most powerful of the 3. The Ember handles wind decently and could be flown in 100 x 100, but probably could not be flown comfortably in your living room. The Vapor is the most wind-sensitive but could handle the winds you describe, and could be flown in 100x100 and in your living room.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
Just A Guy Taking a Walk...
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2010
57 Posts
Trying out Tx-Ready(AnyLink) Albatros

Denver, Co has recv'd a ton of snow in the last 10 days.
Add to that, I was stuck in the house for a couple days after a med. procedure(Don't ask)...

Finally had to get out of the house this morning,else insanity would have set in...

I picked up FlyZone's Tx-Ready Albatros, complete with the new "Anylink" module.

I mounted the -link on my DX6i - so far so good -

When the 15" o' snow melts around here, I'll give y'all my 1st impressions...

BTW, Hobbico is offering a free Anylink module right now as a sweetener to try it out.
I got the plane and Anylink for 70 bucks at my LHS. The module is around $25 alone...
HSteve is offline Find More Posts by HSteve
Last edited by HSteve; Feb 11, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:33 PM
PLANES!
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
um 4site or um extra??

i am a newbie to 3d of all sizes and i want to know weather to get the um4site or um extra?? help!
flyguy99 is offline Find More Posts by flyguy99
Old Mar 02, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Nov 2010
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy99 View Post
i am a newbie to 3d of all sizes and i want to know weather to get the um4site or um extra?? help!
I havent owned the 4 site, but the extra is really fun! Also I've heard many people say the the extra is better, so I would go with the extra.
ian145 is offline Find More Posts by ian145
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:37 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Hands down the Extra300 3D.

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:35 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy99 View Post
I've not owned the Extra, but the 4-Site's super fragile, and very wind-sensitive if you try to fly outside. I've been enjoying learning 3D on a Fearless Foamy, which isn't much larger, came BNF, and is quite durable.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Mar 2011
249 Posts
Lets cut to the chase. Heli guy. Can fly 4 channel planes in sim. Have a Champ. Looking for next bird. Want Ailreons. I own a DX7s.

Consideringl Parkzone planes.........

Bnf UM Polecat

Bnf (lol more ArF) UM Beast

Bnf F4F Wildcat (Talk about a steel!)
litehawkdown is offline Find More Posts by litehawkdown
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:58 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Lets cut to the chase. Heli guy. Can fly 4 channel planes in sim. Have a Champ. Looking for next bird. Want Ailreons. I own a DX7s.

Consideringl Parkzone planes.........

Bnf UM Polecat

Bnf (lol more ArF) UM Beast

Bnf F4F Wildcat (Talk about a steel!)
If you have access to a large area where you can fly a wildcat everyday, get that.

I fly micros because I can walk out my front door and fly them. If I could walk out my front door to a 150 ft paved landing strip on 5 clear acres, I'd fly much bigger planes.

If you are limited to micros by space, the Polecat will be the easiest to lern ailerons on. The beast isn't hard to fly but mistakes cause a lot more damage that they would with the polecat.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hi guys, i am new here.. wanting to venture into r/c flight, but familiar with rc in general as i used to be seriously into cars when i was younger. So far I been getting some simulated stick time in ClearviewSE with a playstation3 controller and so far so good.

I am thinking about getting a Flyzone Albatros or DR1. I can't decide which one.
Both fly similar?

I really like scale warbird looks and seems those would be good choices.
hypertek is offline Find More Posts by hypertek
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:30 AM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
You might want to think about the Supercub/J-3 cub or champ first, but the Albatros wouldn't be a bad choice. I can't speak for the Dr1, but I'd think that a 3 winged bird for your first plane might be a bit tough. The Champ has one wing and is very fixable. The Albatros' wings are thin and it can't take a lot of abuse, but it does fly very well and is very tame.
good luck
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,480 Posts
this will be a hard one PA Addiction or 3DHS 42" slick
cale10 is online now Find More Posts by cale10