SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2002, 06:25 PM
Denver Co
Joined Oct 2001
269 Posts
Zagi Razor VS Wedgie

Does anyone out there have experience with both? They appear to be very similar in size shape etc. Cost is similar too with the Razor a little higher. I want a little rocket ship, but I may want to try and bash it into my buddy's Zagi 400 and the EPP construction of the Razor may win out. Any advice is appreciated as always.

Brian
voyantus is offline Find More Posts by voyantus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2002, 08:32 PM
Downey, S. CA
Joined Sep 2001
73 Posts
I was hoping that someone would reply to you but!

The two airplanes are nothing alike but there size is small. The Razor (for Trick RC) is all EPP and I think it has the same airfoil as the Zagi at the root and tip. It flys good for it's size and thickness. But on the other hand the Wedgie was made to go faster at a lighter weight with a thinner airfoil. It is made from 2Lb. EPS and will take "some" hard landings but was not made to bash. Tricks airplanes are great for all types of pilots new ones and good ones too. The Wedgie is pucker fast at high speed for a newby.

I have flown both airplanes and this was not made out to be a kit bashing from a Mfg. just friendly info to help someone to in joy flying.
Merrill Brady is offline Find More Posts by Merrill Brady
Old Jan 17, 2002, 09:30 PM
Crashez-vous sans stress!
Chicago
Joined Nov 2001
374 Posts
Merrill how about a 60" Wedgie that the speed freaks can glass & bag, and run brushless on 10 cells? (The 34" is too thin to bury the cells in I think)
Dan H. is offline Find More Posts by Dan H.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 01:07 AM
heli on the brain
Apple Valley/Victorville, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
544 Posts
...wedgie 9.25

...razor 2.75

(based on a scale of one to ten)
dezflyer is offline Find More Posts by dezflyer
Old Jan 20, 2002, 11:43 AM
Denver Co
Joined Oct 2001
269 Posts
Merrill,
Thanks for the feedback. I think I can handle the speed of the Wedgie, but I need a plane to ride in the back of my truck and just fly. I also know that my friend will not be able to resist trying to bash me with his Zagi 400 so I think I will likely go with the Razor. Thanks again.

Brian
voyantus is offline Find More Posts by voyantus
Old Jan 27, 2002, 08:05 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,525 Posts
Even if he tries to bash you, it is nearly impossible for him to do so. We have flown the Wedgie angainst the Zagi and the Wedgie seems three times faster with good axial roll rate and looping ability.
dr.E is online now Find More Posts by dr.E