HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2014, 02:40 AM
United States, WA, Duvall
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Thanks for the update, btw love the pictures, I only asked about the gear as I have only stripped the paint off and fixed a few things that's about it!!!
BBFreak is online now Find More Posts by BBFreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock50 View Post
The performance better be substantially better than the original. or this whole exercise has been a waste. I am hopeful that it is comparable to Jim Drews Yellow f-15 if not better, as this should come in lighter by a good bit. He was getting 135mph out of it, sooooooo.
We shall see!!!
Regards, Roger
We get 131MPH flat and level - with our fan, or a 32 pound thrust turbine! The limiting factor is the Yellow Aircraft scale F-15 airframe. If you want a fast F-15, use a Skymaster or Jet Legend version. Those are over 160MPH.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
United States, SC, Florence
Joined Nov 2004
102 Posts
I stand corrected Jim

131 will be fine if I can achieve that straight and level with my plane. Not going to quibble about the 4 mph. Hopefully I can get some of that back by being lighter.
Hopefully, one of these days battery technology will find some improvements. That is still the limiting factor in my opinion to having good flight times once we get the performance where we want it.
Still working on the plane, glassing surfaces etc, hope to start assembling it all now that the duct is done. My next real goal is getting $ 650 for the landing gear so I can bash the heck out of the formers to make some good gear mounts.
Roger
jetjock50 is online now Find More Posts by jetjock50
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,769 Posts
Weight doesn't matter. In fact, the heavier the plane, the longer it will sustain the speed out of a dive. Our electric weighed 26 pounds with 5000mAh packs and 28 pounds with 6800mAh packs. The turbine version weighed 32 pounds full of fuel and about 24 pounds on landing. The speed flat and level was identical, even though the turbine had more than 1:1 thrust to weight. Uphill is a completely different story, since the fan had about 14.5 pounds of installed thrust. We did the turbine version first, and I was pretty skeptical that the fan version would even fly it.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Yesterday at 08:12 PM.
Old Today, 07:39 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Weight doesn't matter. In fact, the heavier the plane, the longer it will sustain the speed out of a dive. Our electric weighed 26 pounds with 5000mAh packs and 28 pounds with 6800mAh packs. The turbine version weighed 32 pounds full of fuel and about 24 pounds on landing. The speed flat and level was identical, even though the turbine had more than 1:1 thrust to weight. Uphill is a completely different story, since the fan had about 14.5 pounds of installed thrust. We did the turbine version first, and I was pretty skeptical that the fan version would even fly it.
You still hangin around..LOL

Good to see you poppin in hear and there. Miss hanging out...

James
lashmett75 is online now Find More Posts by lashmett75