SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Paste View Post
Sorry rancherpete, I didn'nt spot your post earlier. But yes, I read each and every post in the last few weeks and actually bought some CF "arrows" (from the local bow shop). That's as close to CF what I can get. I'll fit them to the arms over the weekend and in conjunction with the NEX5 I really hope to report back with positive news. again many thanks for the great posts. You guys rock!
Cool. Don't forget the bead of silicone. It makes a big difference. Good luck!
By the way; if you are in Namibia maybe you can get Brad and Angelina to adopt you and buy you the ultimate multirotor!!!
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
First flights Upstairs in Manual Mode...

http://youtu.be/24qHCKNIRZA
Nice flying there!
Cinema Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Cinema Flyer
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Does anyone know of performance specifications of the S800, Standard Pressure/temp is fine for now. I need to have them for a SOFC I am applying for.

In case you are wondering what a SOFC application is or looks like, this is what you have to do for each flight involving gain (money or otherwise) for you to be legal, be prepared!. You will likely have something like this coming your way in the US when the FAA allow it.

http://diydrones.com/group/canada/fo...of-application
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
S800+Z15(nex7) possible in Antarctica?

Hi
I'm supposted to go to antarctica(Teranova bay) next month with S800+Z15.
Do you think it's possible to fly?
Do you have any experience with wookong-m in antarctica?
Most of friends are pessimistic.

New Bird (6 min 13 sec)
-First maiden flight
Color.of.Bay (3 min 23 sec)

Korean Icebreaker, Araon (3 min 37 sec)
- in antarctica

Wanho Lim
www.vimeo.com/dmzwild
wanho21 is offline Find More Posts by wanho21
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
By the way; if you are in Namibia maybe you can get Brad and Angelina to adopt you and buy you the ultimate multirotor!!!
I'll adopt them and they can support me! Maybe they can bring spare parts along on their next trip.
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:29 PM
Bogota, Colombia
Joined Sep 2004
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanho21 View Post
Hi
I'm supposted to go to antarctica(Teranova bay) next month with S800+Z15.
Do you think it's possible to fly?
Do you have any experience with wookong-m in antarctica?
Most of friends are pessimistic.

https://vimeo.com/45638589 -First maiden flight
https://vimeo.com/47996224
https://vimeo.com/20395009 - in antarctica

Wanho Lim
www.vimeo.com/dmzwild
According to the manual, in the notices section of page 38, "MC cannot work in the polar circle". I would say that the closer to the polar circle you are, meaning by polar circle either the Artic or Antarctic polar circles, the harder to fly your WooKong will be.

Terranova Bay is inside the Antarctic circle so my guess is no, it won't work correctly.

In your case, I would mount the Z15 to a 700 class Helicopter and fly it manually.

Nick
Nicoleto is online now Find More Posts by Nicoleto
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoleto View Post
According to the manual, in the notices section of page 38, "MC cannot work in the polar circle". I would say that the closer to the polar circle you are, meaning by polar circle either the Artic or Antarctic polar circles, the harder to fly your WooKong will be.

Terranova Bay is inside the Antarctic circle so my guess is no, it won't work correctly.

In your case, I would mount the Z15 to a 700 class Helicopter and fly it manually.

Nick
My thinking is that the compass will not work properly which would not stop you flying but controlling the camera heading may be tricky. I have flow a WKM without a serviceable compass. The accelerometers will drift over time and change your heading. Just fly in manual mode.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:15 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Also temps, concerning the Gyros and how the vibration isolation in the IMU is effected be the temps should be considered.

(edit) isn't there a min temp the WKM should be used in and in those areas you would probably push it way over that.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:33 AM
Joined Oct 2011
452 Posts
DJI site says

-5C to +60C

but says can make the IMU warm if needed to fly beyond those condition...I havent personally tried it tho
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
My thinking is that the compass will not work properly which would not stop you flying but controlling the camera heading may be tricky. I have flow a WKM without a serviceable compass. The accelerometers will drift over time and change your heading. Just fly in manual mode.
Thanks for reply

Denny You think Z15 will work properly when fly in manual mode?
I hope you understand my short english...^,^
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Also temps, concerning the Gyros and how the vibration isolation in the IMU is effected be the temps should be considered.

(edit) isn't there a min temp the WKM should be used in and in those areas you would probably push it way over that.

Boris
Hi Boris

Temps doesn't matter. I will stay there for two month, and only fly in calm and warm day...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:04 AM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Hi Boris

Temps doesn't matter. I will stay there for two month, and only fly in calm and warm day...
Might want to consider the temperatures of the batteries as well cause I'm sure lipo's don't like the cold. Should be ok but possibly very short flight times.
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for reply

Denny You think Z15 will work properly when fly in manual mode?
I hope you understand my short english...^,^
If the IMU will work in the low temps then the Zen should also work. I sometimes use the zen as a stand alone camera mount and mount the WKM IMU on the top of the Zen mounting bracket. No other model components are used.

The gyro specs. show significant drift outside of the recommended temps. Which may translate into a big trim change. I would suggest some foam board covers for the Batteries and IMU's Builders insulation board is great for a lot of uses like that. It is easy to cut and shape and you can glue it with white glue or silicon.

In Cyprus I have a different problem of keeping every thing cool in the summer
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Oct 11, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:04 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Hi Boris

Then you can experiment and tell us.
Bring a bunch of Hand Warmers, http://www.industrialsavings.com/har...FUmd4AodsnkAaQ
Place them around the electronics and use a FC that does not need a compass. If you can choose your flying days, only fly when it is calm, then there is no need for the Z15. Try the HoverFly Sport board, it is very stable.
In that environment you want to keep it simple.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Then you can experiment and tell us.
Bring a bunch of Hand Warmers, http://www.industrialsavings.com/har...FUmd4AodsnkAaQ
Place them around the electronics and use a FC that does not need a compass. If you can choose your flying days, only fly when it is calm, then there is no need for the Z15. Try the HoverFly Sport board, it is very stable.
In that environment you want to keep it simple.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Hi
Maybe you're right.
I'm thinking I would bring S800+Zenmuse or not.
Alternative gear maybe better. I'm not well expericed pilot.
So I need easy flying machine to operate.
Anyway I have droidworx and av130.
Instead of wookong-m, Hoverfly sport board is easy to operate?