HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:27 PM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Discussion
EFEST General Info

Please use this thread for any info that you require to know about EFEST. I'll be checking from time to time and will do my best to answer your questions.
Frank Noll is offline Find More Posts by Frank Noll
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:02 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
560 Posts
How many pilot stations wll there be this year? I know last year there were always long lines of pilots waiting to fly.

If a several of us want to fly as a group could we get a time set up to do so?
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:56 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Aug 2005
1,110 Posts
register by paypal

We were able to register via paypal last year I believe. Is there going to be an option for that this year? I didn't see any links or info on the site other than sending a check in.
savydad is offline Find More Posts by savydad
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:17 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Aug 2008
130 Posts
If you don't mind, how many pilots are registered?

Will I still make the <200 if I register this week?
AKPilot is offline Find More Posts by AKPilot
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:34 PM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKPilot View Post
If you don't mind, how many pilots are registered?

Will I still make the <200 if I register this week?
There are 70 pilots pre-registered at this time. You should be ok to register this week.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by savydad View Post
We were able to register via paypal last year I believe. Is there going to be an option for that this year? I didn't see any links or info on the site other than sending a check in.
Unfortunately, EFEST can't be ran through PayPal. It would be a logistical nightmare to do so. We apologize for that! It would have to be a check or MO pre-registration.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:27 PM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
that is going to kill preregister. you know that dont you .
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325FGP View Post
How many pilot stations wll there be this year? I know last year there were always long lines of pilots waiting to fly.

If a several of us want to fly as a group could we get a time set up to do so?
Only people I see doubling up at the pilot stations are the sponsored pilots. I think they have a special pass, the rest of us must wait our turn . Having been to efest several times I can tell you that the people I talk with get very upset about this issue. It is sad that feedback from the common Joe (the other 200 pilots flying) is not taken seriously. I am still waiting for the answer to your question as well.

Bert
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Jan 03, 2012, 08:20 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,034 Posts
Bert is right

Pilot stations has been discussed many times. Thus the reason for some not to return. I know a couple of pilots who came for a couple of years, then said, not any more.

The space is quite limited, so who knows what will happen.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:48 AM
Futabaman
Joined Nov 2004
205 Posts
EFEST was increased to 14 pilot stations 3 years ago to increase flying time for everybody. (due to demand) Since then we've heard "I'm not going to fly, because too many planes" or "this guy ran into me because there's no room" or "he launched into me, and you owe me a plane".... I could go on!

Would you like it to be "open season" and everybody fly when and where they want? There could conceivably be 25 airplanes in the air at any time. It's a big facility, but not that big!!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:49 AM
Happy fly begin
Joined Aug 2004
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Noll View Post
EFEST was increased to 14 pilot stations 3 years ago to increase flying time for everybody. (due to demand) Since then we've heard "I'm not going to fly, because too many planes" or "this guy ran into me because there's no room" or "he launched into me, and you owe me a plane".... I could go on!

Would you like it to be "open season" and everybody fly when and where they want? There could conceivably be 25 airplanes in the air at any time. It's a big facility, but not that big!!
You miss the point. It's multiple pilots at 1 station flying. Most of them wearing an orange shirt. Get your flightline under control so it's fair for ALL and I will come back. Perhaps E-Fest has outgrown the facility it is in.
JimH is offline Find More Posts by JimH
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:24 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
You miss the point. It's multiple pilots at 1 station flying. Most of them wearing an orange shirt. Get your flightline under control so it's fair for ALL and I will come back. Perhaps E-Fest has outgrown the facility it is in.
Just my opinion but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a spotter with you at the flight line.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Jan 04, 2012, 11:41 AM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,853 Posts
Free for all! Free for all! Let's have a massacre of planes this year!
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Jan 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Just my opinion but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a spotter with you at the flight line.
Nothing wrong with having a spotter, but it's kind of hard to spot when both people are flying which is what the reference was about. I've seen the same thing, with one flying at a time, taking the flight station for twice the time, in essence jumping the long lines.

My biggest complaints were the inconsiderate people who hogged the flight stations, changing out batteries instead of relinquishing the spot. Don't know how that would be possible to police though.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:05 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam and tape View Post
Free for all! Free for all! Let's have a massacre of planes this year!
Just because you bring truck-loads of planes (and I'm thinking that even if you crash one you use the pieces to make two more planes)
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP