Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by Wildhare540
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
Discussion
futaba fasst or spektrum

Which would you guys prefer futaba fasst or spektrum 8 channel systems
Wildhare540 is offline Find More Posts by Wildhare540
Last edited by Wildhare540; Jan 22, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:53 PM
Find More Posts by EDFPILOT
"JUST FLY"
USA, GA, Butler
Joined Jun 2010
351 Posts
you will probably get a lot of opinions on this I prefer spektrum for the simple reason I dont like futaba and I cant remember ever having a problem with spektrum.
EDFPILOT is offline Find More Posts by EDFPILOT
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by bruff
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,272 Posts
XPS
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:38 PM
Find More Posts by fairplane
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
703 Posts
Both
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
8,175 Posts
Spektrum if you like fixing busted planes , futuba if you just want to fly , or a xps/futuba like i use , flawless !
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:37 AM
Find More Posts by TITAN7
United Kingdom, England, Taunton
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
has to be futaba.8FG upgrades to 14 channels.you probably wont need them all but they are there if you do.
TITAN7 is offline Find More Posts by TITAN7
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:09 AM
Find More Posts by 1g1yy
Nashville, TN
Joined May 2002
280 Posts
Yeah, good thread! After owning an FM JR XP8103 since '98, I am extremely ready to upgrade to a 2.4 system. I really like the clean, unpretentious looks of the Futaba 8FG. I am so tired of a glitzy look, with fake bolts around the gimbals. Also I like the frequency hopping system utilized by Futaba. But it does seem that Spektrums new DX8 system (with less expensive receivers available) might be a better value. I am still trying to get settled on a decision. I hope someone has some info that might help.
1g1yy is offline Find More Posts by 1g1yy
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:04 AM
Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
the right to remain silent
United States, NC, Lincolnton
Joined Jan 2011
496 Posts
Futaba has decades of research and proven reliability in RC.... Spektrum, not so much.
I still have Futaba's from the 70's and 80's that continue to be reliable today.
Caveman_Don is offline Find More Posts by Caveman_Don
Old Jan 23, 2012, 04:09 AM
rrg
Find More Posts by rrg
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,358 Posts
Spectrum.....hear we go again.
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
Find More Posts by M Carr
Eastern, NC
Joined Dec 2007
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
Spektrum if you like fixing busted planes , futuba if you just want to fly , or a xps/futuba like i use , flawless !
I suspect the guys that are fixing busted planes with Spektrum will be fixing busted planes regardless of which system they are using..

IMO, They are all good systems just pick whichever you like better and go with it. Every system out there has had some sort of issue in the past but I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the problems all start with improper setup or user error, NOT the system itself... Its hard to get fair judgement on any one particular system/brand name because as usual its what that person is currently using which is the best one.
M Carr is offline Find More Posts by M Carr
Last edited by M Carr; Jan 23, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by deerfreak
Joined Jul 2008
660 Posts
deerfreak is offline Find More Posts by deerfreak
Last edited by deerfreak; Jan 23, 2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by racie34
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
spektrum wont cause busted planes anymore than futaba....some people just like spending more and choose to talk down what costs less.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by rc-dude
mike
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Dec 2009
289 Posts
you cant just say spektrum sucks because you have had a blackout i had 3 blackouts in 3 flights! i had a bad bec.......
rc-dude is offline Find More Posts by rc-dude
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
United States, NC, Faison
Joined Jan 2011
693 Posts
Spektrum ALL THE WAY!!!

I am a fan of Spektrum. There also other brands out there like Airtronics and JR wich is sorta like a Spektrum and Hitech. I don't have anything bad to say about either. I will say this, alot of Futaba users that fly heli's are switching to the new DX8 for the awsome programing that it offers. I gues it depends on what you are flying and what you plan to fly in the future. The other advatage with Spektrum or JR is the BNF model options that will be available to you through Horizon.

I have been a Spekrum user startng my third year. I went from a DX5E that came with my RTF Alfa .40 to a DX7 and now I own the DX8. I love my DX8. I fly both heli's and planes and it works great for both.

As for FUTABA I really don't know much about them other than some Heli pilots are switching to the DX8.

Airtronics is comeing back! there new 10 channel is said to have the highest transmiter speed of all the transmiters out there. As for the programing? I do not own one and I probably will not due to owning a DX8.

Hitech also has a good 2.4 system but again I do not own one so I really can not comment.

To sum it all up, it is personal preferance. I really beleave if you stay with one of the 4 transmitters that you will be satisfied with thier performance. I do suggest seeing what the fellas at your local club are useing and get there opinions. That way if you need help with programing they can answer your needs instead of waiting for an hour on the help line to find out the you fliped the wrong switch LOL. One last thing, I am partial to a minimum of 7 chanels. That way if you do move into large scale birds or helis with goveners and such you will be able to without buying a new radio.

Hope this helps! Bobby.
rjstrickjr is offline Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,340 Posts
I've witnessed more trouble with Spektrum gear with users at my field than any other. The problems were experienced by beginner and veteran fliers. No issues at all with folks using the Futaba gear.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda