New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2015, 08:48 AM
Find More Posts by Gammon Iron
Joined Aug 2013
244 Posts
Looks great in the water!!! Looking forward to seeing her rigged in the water.

Just thinking it...With as many large RC square sail models built, my vote for 'The Dreamer Among Dreamers' is Yancovitch. Everyone's enjoyment of this hobby is judged independently. One may build just one model or several. You may build big or small, fore-n-aft or square. But hey, Yanc's built MANY big models. Congrads to anyone that dreams of building a dream and gets it to the water
Gammon Iron is offline Find More Posts by Gammon Iron
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2015, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by yancovitch
Joined Oct 2006
916 Posts
i think i'm gonna cry .........i sure would like to do one more, but , my share of our monthly income is 1000 pension, and my wife, being 10 yrs younger, is working six partime jobs in this little village of burns lake, and i find that even scratch building, it can get quite expensive, and i can't impose on the dear lady .....but dream i do.....yes i still dream and imagine which ship i'd like to do....and most important.....after reading all the contributions of all the fellows here....it would be a much much easier build for me now...
i bet this brig will sail so gracefully in the water.....big is beautiful....more scale like motions......
yancovitch is offline Find More Posts by yancovitch
Last edited by yancovitch; Jun 11, 2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by RevWarBrig
Springfield, OH
Joined May 2008
89 Posts
Thank you for all the thoughts - DREAMS - and such. I can understand the resources limiting the building - that is one big reason I have been so slow.

I've been gone for three weeks to the Black Hills and Yellowstone with my girls. A fantastic time for all.
RevWarBrig is offline Find More Posts by RevWarBrig
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
Find More Posts by RevWarBrig
Springfield, OH
Joined May 2008
89 Posts
I've been busy and not able to work on the Brig.

I have been gathering the supplies to build the external keel.

Plan to size the keel to hold 50 lbs. to 60 lbs. of ballast.
Design will be a hollow wood keel covered in fiberglass.
The keel will be removable.

I am enjoying and learning from the other builds in this Scale Sailboats group!
A lot of talent out there!
RevWarBrig is offline Find More Posts by RevWarBrig