SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:12 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe View Post
Just ordered a Nano Qx BNF. The mCPx for me is too difficult to fly indoors. Hopefully the Nano Qx will give me some productive indoor flight time!
The Nano QX is more difficult to fly than the MCPX, in agility mode. But, in stability mode it's stable and handles like a dream. That's what makes them such great trainers. It's very durable, too. I sunk mine in my daughter's swimming pool. My son-in-law had to fish it out. I let it sit in the hor car for a few hours and it was fine.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:59 PM
Great Quad & Good Cigar 😎
United States, CO, Calhan
Joined May 2013
412 Posts
Balancer

So, newbie that I am, have been outfitting with certain tools for sustaining the hobby and one of those was the Turnigy Universal Blade Balancer.
Ok, open the box to put it together, no instructions, mechanically inclined here, so piece a cake to assemble. The other side of the coin is no directions on how to use it. Anyone seen a Ytube video on how to use this?
Old Man Zzzz is offline Find More Posts by Old Man Zzzz
Old Jul 18, 2013, 02:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
is this the one?
Blade Balancing 101 (7 min 7 sec)
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Jul 18, 2013, 07:28 AM
Great Quad & Good Cigar 😎
United States, CO, Calhan
Joined May 2013
412 Posts
Roger that

Dah!!!
So obvious, i spent an hour or more looking for that video, last night. Thanks for the help.
Old Man Zzzz is offline Find More Posts by Old Man Zzzz
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:34 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jul 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The Nano QX is more difficult to fly than the MCPX, in agility mode. But, in stability mode it's stable and handles like a dream. That's what makes them such great trainers. It's very durable, too. I sunk mine in my daughter's swimming pool. My son-in-law had to fish it out. I let it sit in the hor car for a few hours and it was fine.
Balr14, I should have listed to you from the start! Got the Nano QX today, flew 4 batteries in safe mode inside the house and learned a ton more than the 3 weeks with the MCPX outside. Flying inside with no wind makes learning orientation a lot easier. Also, the consistent movements of the QX is reassuring. Only issue for me with the QX is seeing which end is the front when it is far away. Might need to add some fluorescent paint to the front arms to make the front end more obvious.
tribe is offline Find More Posts by tribe