HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:24 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Yeah, I agree. But the neat tihng about the sim is that it gives one the courage to do stuff that we wouldn't DARE to do in real life.
most of the stuff i do on there i try on my normal plane. i throw them around all the same. its just i dont have a 3m extra to do the stuff on that i do on the sim. im finally going to order the gear for the parkmaster. its been sitting in the shed and mum said im not allowed to buy any more planes for a few months. id nearly forgotten about it also.
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Oh yeah, and is there really a big difference between the DX7s and DX6i? If I can save the $60-$100 by getting the 6i instead of the 7s without any real important features gone, I'll go for it. Plus the DX6i is smaller, lighter, and has all the memory and features I'd need. What's better about the DX7s?

Thanks!

Dan
Telemetry, extra channel, throttle curve on planes, 3 position flap switch, slow down for flaps, easy airware programming, sd card, 20 model internal memory, unlimited models w/ sd card, updates, quad bearing gimbals (smoother sticks), rubber grips, more servo travel, throttle activated timer (my dx8 has this and I really like it!), bigger screen, 11ms high speed mode, more wing and tail types, and I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!

Dan
Yea. There's is a HUGE difference bitween the 6i and the 7s. The 7s has a graph to show the curve on the sticks the expo gives it. It has a back button and a clear button, which the 6i dosent have, and and the 7s has a light to show when the radio is on (really helpful). The 7s also has the really need feature of being able to vibratin AND beep to let you know your timer is up. The 7s has WAYYYYYYY more features. If you can, get a 7s TX only for 250. (The reason I know so much about the 6i is because my brother has it and I just looked around and compared the two)

Edit:

And all of what zmonster just said
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Telemetry, extra channel, throttle curve on planes, 3 position flap switch, slow down for flaps, easy airware programming, sd card, 20 model internal memory, unlimited models w/ sd card, updates, quad bearing gimbals (smoother sticks), rubber grips, more servo travel, throttle activated timer (my dx8 has this and I really like it!), bigger screen, 11ms high speed mode, more wing and tail types, and I'm sure there are more that I am missing.
OHMYGODDDD I LOVE THE QUAD BEARING GiMBALS!!! SO SMOOOOOOTTTHHHH! It's like a baby's butt... Lol
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Never used telemetry. Like to keep my eyes on the aircraft as much as possible. Throttle curves? For foamies? Isn't required for me. Advanced programming is great but not necessary also. 20 models... I'm having trouble affording two. Rubber grips? More servo travel? Don't need a throttle activated timer actually. I'm going to be flying gliders too! Bigger screen, meh. The 6J has a small screen too. High speed mode... the normal human brain has a very hard time telling the difference... as for the rest, it's all for complex setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Yea. There's is a HUGE difference bitween the 6i and the 7s. The 7s has a graph to show the curve on the sticks the expo gives it. It has a back button and a clear button, which the 6i dosent have, and and the 7s has a light to show when the radio is on (really helpful). The 7s also has the really need feature of being able to vibratin AND beep to let you know your timer is up. The 7s has WAYYYYYYY more features. If you can, get a 7s TX only for 250. (The reason I know so much about the 6i is because my brother has it and I just looked around and compared the two)

Edit:

And all of what Alex just said
Probably going to get the DX6i, sorry. DX7s is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and isn't necessary for my foamies and the light type of flying that I want to accomplish.

Thanks a lot guys!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!

Dan
I personally think you would be JUST fine with the 6i. Your not doing intense programming. More money to get a better plane.
I've owned the 4e,5e,6i,7s,and 8.
I actually have a video coming up on the 8FG vs DX7s vs DX8.
Uploading right now.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,674 Posts
Ah I see Dan already made the right decision
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:45 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I personally think you would be JUST fine with the 6i. Your not doing intense programming. More money to get a better plane.
I've owned the 4e,5e,6i,7s,and 8.
I actually have a video coming up on the 8FG vs DX7s vs DX8.
Uploading right now.
My thoughts EXACTLY, Alex.

Great minds think alike!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Stop posting like 3 seconds before I post! LOL!

Oooo... good, while I get the DX6i at AmainHobbies I can grab a 7x6 prop to make the Pelican even more epic

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:47 PM
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
864 Posts
there is a 4i i belive also. could be wrong though. dunno how they could upgrae a 4e without making it a 5e. ill do some searching on it
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
I think you're talking about the new Spektrum surface radio.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Never used telemetry. Like to keep my eyes on the aircraft as much as possible. Throttle curves? For foamies? Isn't required for me. Advanced programming is great but not necessary also. 20 models... I'm having trouble affording two. Rubber grips? More servo travel? Don't need a throttle activated timer actually. I'm going to be flying gliders too! Bigger screen, meh. The 6J has a small screen too. High speed mode... the normal human brain has a very hard time telling the difference... as for the rest, it's all for complex setups.

Probably going to get the DX6i, sorry. DX7s is bigger, heavier, more expensive, and isn't necessary for my foamies and the light type of flying that I want to accomplish.

Thanks a lot guys!

Dan
Sounds like you have your mind set. By the way I was listing the differences, not what I thought would be good for you.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,610 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like you have your mind set. By the way I was listing the differences, not what I thought would be good for you.
Just ordered the DX6i and 7x6 prop.

Yeah I knew that you were listing the differences, too.

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
Did you seriously just rebuy a dx6i?

Welcome back to computer radios
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Closed Thread