Closed Thread
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
USA, AL, Gadsden
Joined Mar 2008
473 Posts
Trader Rating: 247
Help!
OK Guys I have opened this thread back up HELP go to post #22 and start there

I bought an item on here over 2 weeks ago, the gentlemen originally told me he shipped it out the next day. After a week and a half of no item I write him back and each time I have written him I have requested the tracking number including when I first made the purchase. When I first paid him for the item I sent a PM stating payment sent and said please send me tracking info as soon as you mail it. So anyway he writes me back this time and tells me it was mailed ths past Friday a week ago but still gives me no shipping number.

He goes on to add that not to worry he shipped it USPS with insurance and if it doesn't show up by next week then he will start a claim on it for my refund all the while I am still requesting the tracking number.

If I understand it correctly and remember I have shipped alot of items thru the USPS but anyway if I remember correctly when you get insurance on an item they automatically give you a tracking number as it is on the insurance claim ticket that they stick on the box.

Now the guy does have a few positive feedback on here SO I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM CONTINUING TO DENY AND IGNORE MY REQUEST FOR A TRACKING NUMBER.

I am going to give it until tomorrow to see if it shows up but I am just a little worried that he keeps logging into this site but will not answer my PM's and contiunes to ignore my request for a tracking number.

I NEVER SHIP without a tracking number as it protects me and the buyer b ut he stated he had insurance so he sjhould have a tracking number, Am I correct on this??????

Should I be worried yet??????
mechengineer03 is offline Find More Posts by mechengineer03
Last edited by mechengineer03; Feb 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:11 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
Trader Rating: 554
He Brother,
If it was PayPal file a claim right NOW!

If other form of payment you may be sol.

Hope it all works out as you don't deserve this my friend!
Randy
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:46 PM
USA, AL, Gadsden
Joined Mar 2008
473 Posts
Trader Rating: 247
Thanks Randy I will give him until tonight to repsond to my numerous PM's and request for a trcking number and then I am going to let the cat out of the bag and let everyone know who this is. It seems he doesn't care as he is back on-line right now.
mechengineer03 is offline Find More Posts by mechengineer03
Old Feb 21, 2010, 04:58 PM
Blade assassin
USA, LA, Lake Charles
Joined Jul 2008
594 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
If it has been 2 weeks and he still hasn't provided a tracking number, you probably won't get one.
primer is offline Find More Posts by primer
Old Feb 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,851 Posts
Trader Rating: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post
He Brother,

Randy
Ditto...
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:46 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
I hope for your sake that this is a Paypal transaction, if so (FILE A DISPUTE) Then follow it up with a (CLAIM) ASAP. It sounds like to me your getting jerked around.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:47 PM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by termite View Post
He Brother,

Randy

HEY RANDY, it's good to see you back on. How are you doing?
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:26 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,818 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Agreed. Classic scam routine. If he's above-board, he must know how it looks from your end.
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:36 PM
SKY-MOLE HIT HARD GO DEEP
United States, UT, Washington
Joined May 2006
467 Posts
Trader Rating: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechengineer03 View Post
I bought an item on here over 2 weeks ago, the gentlemen originally told me he shipped it out the next day. After a week and a half of no item I write him back and each time I have written him I have requested the tracking number including when I first made the purchase. When I first paid him for the item I sent a PM stating payment sent and said please send me tracking info as soon as you mail it. So anyway he writes me back this time and tells me it was mailed ths past Friday a week ago but still gives me no shipping number.

He goes on to add that not to worry he shipped it USPS with insurance and if it doesn't show up by next week then he will start a claim on it for my refund all the while I am still requesting the tracking number.

If I understand it correctly and remember I have shipped alot of items thru the USPS but anyway if I remember correctly when you get insurance on an item they automatically give you a tracking number as it is on the insurance claim ticket that they stick on the box.

Now the guy does have a few positive feedback on here SO I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM CONTINUING TO DENY AND IGNORE MY REQUEST FOR A TRACKING NUMBER.

I am going to give it until tomorrow to see if it shows up but I am just a little worried that he keeps logging into this site but will not answer my PM's and contiunes to ignore my request for a tracking number.

I NEVER SHIP without a tracking number as it protects me and the buyer b ut he stated he had insurance so he sjhould have a tracking number, Am I correct on this??????

The LEAST the seller could do would be to provide you with some shipping numbers.You probably did as you always do and paid him johnny on the spot and that`s the least he could do for you in return Todd-
gliders is offline Find More Posts by gliders
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
Too much power = Just enough
East Liverpool, Ohio The armpit of America
Joined Apr 2007
517 Posts
Trader Rating: 117
Might as well post who it is and get tha' ball rollin'!

misplacedtexan is offline Find More Posts by misplacedtexan
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:51 PM
Israel
Joined Aug 2008
188 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
File a claim ASAP.

I didnt spoke about this but same thing happend to me 1 month ago here,
and again a few days ago!
so far i lost 780$!!! (in 2 transactions)

We all must be extreme careful when purchasing things here.
CrazyG is offline Find More Posts by CrazyG
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:59 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Perhaps too dangerous already unless you really know who you are dealing with. Times seem to be deteriorating.

Any place scammers can find potential victoms. In life there are always a few bad apples. There can easily become just too many to touch the bushel at some point. Sad.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Old Feb 23, 2010, 09:34 AM
FBN
Fearedbynone
United States, LA, Slidell
Joined May 2008
59 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyavitov View Post
File a claim ASAP.

I didnt spoke about this but same thing happend to me 1 month ago here,
and again a few days ago!
so far i lost 780$!!! (in 2 transactions)

We all must be extreme careful when purchasing things here.

names please

fbn
FBN is offline Find More Posts by FBN
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:12 AM
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
1,944 Posts
Trader Rating: 197
Sounds strange to me...but, I would give him a little longer and see if the item shows up. Where is it coming from?

I now almost always add tracking to my packages. Once on RCU, a buyer tried to claim that he never received the item even though I know he did. I am sure some of you remember what ensued: he made a big deal out of a $15 item that I paid $8 to ship! Through the 15 page ordeal, I met another guy who he did the exact same thing to -- nice little scam he had going there...

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechengineer03 View Post

One consideration is if your item is coming out of the northeast/midwest. I have many expected packages that are late. This is unusual yet understandable if all the snowstorms impacted usps in a very negative way.

I am not worried as this general delay has never happened before to me. There must be six separate items that are way overdue from ebay purchases. I doubt the world has gone upside down that suddenly.

So depending where you item was originating from may be a factor. Your time frame does not seem to be to excessive yet really. Of course I hope someone is not fooling around with you.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Closed Thread