HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2014, 05:38 PM
United States, MI, Byron Center
Joined Feb 2013
115 Posts
Discussion
HH Customer Service...

I've had two recent calls to Horizons CS and neither have been favorable. Experience one:

Called because my mCP X main board fried and smoked up mid air, no crash or anything. Rep wouldn't do anything for me because I "altered the nature of my product" by using CF landing gear and an aluminum Swash. I never crashed the bird one time and out of the blue fried the board, I fail to see how that is the fault of new landing gear?

Second one was just now. Called because my tail motor on my Nano CP X apparently burned out after normal flight on the first day. I did crash a few times, but the final flight was successful and I experienced no issues. A few days later when I went to fly it again, I had no tail response whatsoever. Checked every connection, no visible damage. Ordered a new tail boom and got got some response out of the new motor but not nearly enough to fly. The rep blamed a blade strike on the main board. How is that possible???

Every story I see on here and from other club members tells me about their awesome service and how they promptly get put replacement parts when needed. I don't get so much as a sorry about that. What's up here?
TheIcemann is offline Find More Posts by TheIcemann
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2014, 08:12 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,560 Posts
If you bought from a local hobby shop, return it to them and ask them to deal with HH. If not, then you are at the whim of HH reps.

Most of the reps are good, there is from time to time that one rep that will be difficult. The general rule is to call back and ask for a supervisor; explain the situation and offer to work with them. Ask for the board to be replaced and not the entire heli. Offer to send back the board.

Sometimes HH is a miss but most of the time they are a hit.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member