HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2014, 08:22 AM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
667 Posts
sky buggy

I'm waiting for the mail, with my new engine, I also have another to be machined, but without some help I feel it might be another lost cause, I'll be detailing the buggy this weekend and the radio should be installed and set up, so right now it's a waiting game for the engine 2weeks sam
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 09:47 PM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,304 Posts
Kerswap completed

Hi again Sundancer George (and everyone).

I finally got the last of my four entries (Post #51) in your Complete-a-Project buildoff finished and maidened yesterday.

The weatherman was promising a good flying day - almost certainly the last we’ll have here until some time next May - so I went into fast forward mode and finished off the 150% Kerswap that I started back in the spring of 2013. What a beautiful day it was, and a very fitting end to what has been the best flying season I’ve ever had.

The Kerswap turned out to be absolutely delightful in every way. It did the proverbial “flying off the board” thing, without so much as a click of trim being needed. It has a beautiful slow, floating glide and can be flown hands off for several minutes at a time. It’s going to be yet another very sweet and satisfying addition to my hangar of old-timers.

I spent several enjoyable and relaxing flights getting it trimmed out and tweaked, most of that consisting of moving the CG progressively further back. As usual, I started with it well forward in order to get more than one flight. A few photos attached, and more to come later.

So that’s it for the flying season, for me. We got a full extra month on the end of what was already the best summer of flying weather ever. And what made it even better was having four new models to fly, all of which turned out to be everything I had hoped they would be and more. George, I have you to thank for those. If it weren’t for the incentive provided by your buildoff, those four would still be sitting under my bench - probably forever. Thank you.

Once again, I have to apologize for not doing any kind of build log or writeup on the Kerswap. There was just too much other fun stuff on the go all summer. But now that the flying season’s over, and I’ve cleared away most of my building backlog, I’ll be able to get down to writing up and posting something about each of the four models I entered (Murg, Swayback, Spearhead, and Kerswap). They all turned out so well that I hope others will find something of interest in my experiences with them and may even consider building one.

Now I can make a start on the first of my entries in your AMPLAN buildoff, a 300% (90” span) version of the 1963 Comet Gull II. With a proper build log this time!

Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Oct 23, 2014, 01:08 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,791 Posts
Nice one Harry. Looking forward to your AMPLAN build, should keep you busy over the non-flying season.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2014, 06:34 AM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
667 Posts
sky buggy

beautiful plane like the colors scheme, mines just waiting for a maiden flight hopefully this weekend I don't know about a cowl for it
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555