New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2015, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by rafterrc
Joined Jun 2015
10 Posts
In my Radian Pro, I have taped one along side the servos on the right side of the Rx/servo bay and stuffed the other one vertically, twisted at ~90 deg from the other one down (plane upside down) the battery recess. Yesterday, I was somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 ft altitude (eyeball and trigonometry no vario), and got an RSSI alarm at 45. The ship was 2-3000 ft away. I was hoping for something more like a mile.

I might be able to get them on the hatch not sticking down but parallel to the fuse using the 3D printed Aloft Hobbies' fixture. I guess I'll try it with appropriate antenna protection for landing.

On 8/21/5:

I did try the PCBs on the belly of the plane, horizontal (parallel to the longitudinal fuse axis). The result was poorer reception. If there were room between the canopy and wings, I'd bore two holes at 90 deg from one another, and try there. I'm now positive that the one antenna close to the servos presents some interference, because the signal is weaker with the servos between the Tx and Rx. I'd even try it without the plastic covers, if I know that I could orient them rotated 90 deg from one another like the 3D printed fixture.
rafterrc is offline Find More Posts by rafterrc
Last edited by rafterrc; Aug 21, 2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: New Data
to remove ads between posts