Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crgabel View Post
Can someone please get me measurements on the landing gear.I always go to aluminum because of the rough grass i land in.
Thank You!
Craig
Width between legs where the wheels are secured = 200mm
Width at the point where the gear bolts to fuse = 70mm
Heigth from top of leg to bottom of leg = 110mm
Depth front to back = 18mm
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, PA, Wrightsville
Joined Nov 2002
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Width between legs where the wheels are secured = 200mm
Width at the point where the gear bolts to fuse = 70mm
Heigth from top of leg to bottom of leg = 110mm
Depth front to back = 18mm
Thank You for the specs.
I really appriciate your efforts.

Craig
Crgabel is offline Find More Posts by Crgabel
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
I'm up in mill hill east , I've been flying in a field behind mill hill football club , but I sure could do with a little more space .
Having to land on a tiny cricket pitch is fun also
saffa365 is offline Find More Posts by saffa365
Old Apr 26, 2012, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
lol thats far from me... westham is like 2 football fields one by another... and olympic park north is well... BIG!!!
My Movie (4 min 31 sec)
but im too lasy to go there often...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Here is few pics of how i sorted out the cg

the pieces of wood dont look straight in the pics but they are , guess the lens is bending them.
ive used 10mm clear acrylic rigid tube for the cg location.

so basically ive marked out the line according to the manual and stuck the tubes over the lines.

for the stilts i took the idea from the PA manuall idea , except i havent secured them to the surface , they are just free standing .

It is a little nose heavy in the pic , to lazy to move battery for the pics

enjoy
Last edited by saffa365; Apr 27, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:28 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
A gust of wind picked up 3 of my planes today and knocked them off the tables at my flying field while I was flying today. The only one to receive any damage was the Ultimate AMR. Cracked some wood in the rudder and on the wing tip, and unfortunately, I'm going to have to cut some covering to repair the wing tip,not sure about the rudder yet, might be able to fix with a needle and some CA. My Extreme Flight 48" MXS and 60" Extra also took tumbles off the table, both with zero damage.

While this is a cool plane, I'm disappointed that it is so fragile. I guess the rumors about PA airplane's delicacy are true. (at least in my case)
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
GYro

sorry to hear about your misfortune , but im sure looks can be decieving and the repairs wont be so bad .

i just ripped the lg off my addiction tonight , bit of UHU and should be okay for tomorrow .

im hoping to Maiden the AMR tomorrow , but now you mention the delecasy issue im sure ill be a little more nervous .

Owe well what goes up must come down , ill just make sure it comes down a lot slower that it went up
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:39 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365 View Post
Here is few pics of how i sorted out the cg
Personally I'd not obsess about setting the CG precisely. Just set it a bit nose heavy compared to the manual (the manual position is rather tail heavy for most people).. Then go fly and adjust for personal preference. You are always going to have to adjust by flight testing anyway, so as long as you have a safe setting for the maiden you're good.

PS.. I've never found the AMR to be especially delicate. I think when a plane falls like that it depends as much on pure luck as to how it hits the deck as it does the strength of the airframe.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
ultimate is much easier to land than at least 3dhs planes... and actually seems to land even easier(read slower and softer) than my telink slick... but yeah, its like flying glass...i actually broke battery try just from trying to remove velcroed battery.. rebuild it once, harriered into a bush, broke off motor box, rebuild it second time, recently again broke battery tray, now while repairing i ended up moving it like 5mm lower... lets see how it flys now... im 10000000% sure it is my first and last PA plane... (unless they come out with a 57" ultimate amr lol...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,956 Posts
The method prescribed in the manual to secure the batts works well without putting undue stress on the battery tray when removing them.

I use two straps and not one for insurance on all my planes and a strip of self adhesive foam sealer works great for keeping the lipo from sliding.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PA Addiction XL
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
ive got four batterys ready for an early one tomorrow , judjing by the weather forecast the only time im gonna get to fly is tomorrow early at around 6 in the morn.
so hopefully all goes well , ill leyt you guys know how it goes
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,956 Posts
Good luck saffa... holding thumbs for a happy maiden.
I'm sure you're gonna love it
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PA Addiction XL
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
touche

i used self adheasive foam and cut it into strips and matched it up against the battery tray cutouts , and put a piece of velco at the top of the battery tray ( opp on battery ) and then finally used a wide rubberband to secure the bat to the tray.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
ultimate is much easier to land than at least 3dhs planes... and actually seems to land even easier(read slower and softer) than my telink slick... but yeah, its like flying glass...i actually broke battery try just from trying to remove velcroed battery.. rebuild it once, harriered into a bush, broke off motor box, rebuild it second time, recently again broke battery tray, now while repairing i ended up moving it like 5mm lower... lets see how it flys now... im 10000000% sure it is my first and last PA plane... (unless they come out with a 57" ultimate amr lol...
The 3dhs 47" Extra also lands VERY slow and similar to the AMR.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:28 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post

I use two straps and not one for insurance on all my planes and a strip of self adhesive foam sealer works great for keeping the lipo from sliding.
+1 the foam works great
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC