HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2004, 09:05 PM
Niagara, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
73 Posts
Rave
E-Starter pilots' forum

I am starting the thread hoping that people flying E-Starters will share their flight experiences here! From this I hope to learn the flight characteristics, limitations and modifications recommended to get the most out of this particular aircraft. Sooooo... if you fly an E-Starter... share your experience with us! Thanks
Meko is offline Find More Posts by Meko
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2004, 09:06 PM
Niagara, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
73 Posts
A lovely day! The winds finally subsided enough to take her out for some air time! ROG... airborne..... but sluggish... can't seem to get altitute.... not much wind... maybe that's the problem... hoding level at about 15 feet...... hmmmm... can't get it 3 mistakes high.....wonder what's going on... engine quits at 1.5 minutes into flight.... immediate plunge from 15 feet.... rip out the landing gear (again)... break the prop in spite of the newly installed prop saver.... dent the enging cowling... did i say what a lovely day it was?

Ok... pack it up and take it home.... glue the gear in one more time... change the prop...... straighten up the cowling so it no longer interferes with the motor gears... have lunch... the cheese sandwich is tasty, the iced tea refreshing... so what if I'm late getting back to work..... it's such a lovely day..... grab the next battery and back to the field.

A lovely day! The winds finally subsided enough... oh sorry already covered this ground... ROG... even ascent.... altitude achieved .... circling.... handling perfectly.... about 4 minutes out... better bring it down before it decides to do this on its own.... approach landing area into the wind ....... slowing.... sinking..... CUT & FLAIR... perfect landing.... run out the balance of the battery and time it to about 7.5 minutes at full throttle. What a lovely day!
Meko is offline Find More Posts by Meko
Old Jul 08, 2004, 09:39 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,181 Posts
Good idea but belongs in Foamies forum.
Do a search for E-Starter and you'll find a huge amount of information on this popular plane. Guapoman2000 comes to mind.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood