HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:26 AM
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Discussion
4d VP dollar tree experiment

I have been tossing around the idea of using a heli tail from a 450 trex clone for a vpp for awhile now and finally made the crossover from 3d helis to 3d planes (yea, backwards I know lol) so I have a few extra heli tails to experiment with. Now armed with 2$ worth of dollar tree foam and an old 1600kv motor and a trex tail I loosely based the design on the sumo builds. The initial problem I had was connecting the tail rotor shaft to the motor shaft and finally found a 3.17mm to 3mm coupling that works very well after pulling the belt drive gear from the heli tail (which was finally done by carefully cutting it from the shaft with a dremmel, after many failures with a hammer). I'm still working out servo placement for the pitch control but continuing to assemble as much as I can till I work that out. Any ideas or input are always appreciated. Anyhow here are some pics of the build so far
Lucerro is offline Find More Posts by Lucerro
to remove ads between posts