Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:17 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,034 Posts
Discussion
New AeroflyRC7

saw this a day or so ago.
http://www.ikarus.net/aeroflyrc-7/aeroflyrc7-features/
The upgrade version is lagging behind. I hope it isn't to expensive as the new version has a marginal set of improvements (IMHO). However they supposedly have re-engineered the physics so we will have to wait and see. Some new stuff for quad fliers but no DLGs I could see.
A Monell is offline Find More Posts by A Monell
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Oct 2007
710 Posts
Upgrade here http://shop.ikarus.net/NEW-aeroflyRC7
Puzom is offline Find More Posts by Puzom
Old Dec 16, 2013, 04:47 PM
Joined Oct 2013
1 Posts
I am keen to download AeroflyRC7 to my new PC but am unsure whether I will be able to use the same USB-TX adapter cable as I have been using for Aerofly Pro DL on my old PC (using the same Spectrum DX7 TX).
If I need a different adapter cable, what is the correct part number? I can't find this information on the Icarus website, nor can I find a proper helpline on it.
Graupners' website is equally unhelpful.
I am reluctant to proceed to the checkout and pay 139.99 Euros without being sure that I will be able to run the programme
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Flakpak is offline Find More Posts by Flakpak
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
Russian Federation, Mosk. oblast', Grigorchikovo
Joined Jul 2005
303 Posts
Somebody knows when will be RC7 upgrade for MAC?
mike_fish is offline Find More Posts by mike_fish
Old Dec 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,034 Posts
to Flacpac

I run AeroflyRC7 with a Real Flight controller. AEFPD needed the license dongle plugged in to a different usp port ( or with a TX plugged into it) as did Aerofly 5. RC7 seems to be independent of that. I can run it with just the Real Flight interlink.
So as long as windows sees a USB controller you should be good to go!
oops sorry I just saw your Flakpak
Old Dec 20, 2013, 03:15 PM
United States, CA, Placerville
Joined Feb 2006
613 Posts
So, do I have this right, RC7 is a totally new simulator release beyond Aerofly 5? I just got notification I can upgrade to Aerofly 5 for a nice price a couple weeks ago, glad I didn't do it.

If RC7 is a new simulator, can I upgrade from AF Pro Deluxe or just from Aerofly 5?

thanks
Don
DonA is online now Find More Posts by DonA
Old Dec 27, 2013, 09:13 AM
Gloucester Ma
Joined Dec 2002
1,034 Posts
Don, I think the upgrade is only for AF 5. But the good thing is the price of both the RC7 upgrade and the full version have come way down! The full version is less than I paid for an update to 5 from AFPD a year or two ago.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:11 AM
United States, NY, Hamburg
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
I have been trying to get my dl address and code for RC7 from IKARUS for a week. They say that they cannot get through to my email adddress. Now I have to contact a third party called SHAREIT? I will let you know how it works when I get it finally.
tailsld is online now Find More Posts by tailsld
Old Jan 08, 2014, 07:34 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
597 Posts
I bought and downloaded the RC 7 about a week ago. It took about 5 minutes for the whole process, and another 20 to have it installed and running. Very simple. My issue now is that the only transmitter I have is a Futaba 14sg, I got an old FMS usb cable with a round plug. Not sure how or what to do to get the 14 sg working with the RC 7.
So far I have tried it with a mouse, with a flight sim yoke and a PS2 gamepad. I love the program already but wish I could use the 14 sg.
I'll try to pick a futaba round to square adaptor this weekend and report back on any findings. If anyone has any other experience please let me know.

Enrico
enrico74ec is offline Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Jan 08, 2014, 03:50 PM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Enrico...did they give you and email address to goto...I just got my code today but no link for a dl site.
Rick L
Old Jan 09, 2014, 09:09 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
597 Posts
I received three emails from them. It was almost immediate. They all came from Share it! Notification. First was payment confirmation, second was download key and license key and third one was delivery confirmation for the backup CD (if you got one)
Now when you email Icare for customer service (through the form or customer service link) the email goes to Germany and they take a few days to reply, but they will reply to your queries. If you have issues with the download, I think you are supposed to contact the Share it! guys. All other directly to Ikarus.

Hope this helps
Enrico
enrico74ec is offline Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Jan 09, 2014, 03:25 PM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Yeah I contacted Sharit and they have no record...grrrrback to Ikarus
Old Jan 09, 2014, 04:11 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_fish View Post
Somebody knows when will be RC7 upgrade for MAC?
I'll bump this -- anyone know what their plans are for an OS X version of RC7?
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Jan 10, 2014, 07:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
Olde...I think I read Feb, but not sure. Finally got web address and code...RC7 up and running. Havent used it much but seems okay.Seems a bit more realistic, have to see if the planes I DL from IPAC will work in RC&.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
462 Posts
I have tried to use the fpv with rc7....I have seen this on youtube, however i have not been able to do this...anyone have luck
Rick