Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:57 AM
flyga ho ho sjunga ho ho!
Italia, Toscana, Bagno a Ripoli
Joined May 2009
66 Posts
Discussion
Ar-234c please can you help me for how make properly fuselage polystyrene? ..thk

Hi everyone.

when I noticed that you have posted a new topic in the wrong section I put it here .... I hope it is much more correct ... I'm sorry!.

you could lend a hand?. I need to make a fuselage for an Arado Ar-234C in 1/12 scale
(1.800mm long) I ask you because I do not have experience of the workings of the hot wire, and i would need to be advised by experts for to create properly fuselage polystyrene ..
excuse me and see you soon.
at-6 texan is offline Find More Posts by at-6 texan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:36 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,008 Posts
You sure have picked a rare plane to model. And fairly large at 70" long.
http://www.vonhoffmann.org/ar-234_c.html

As far as a hot wire is concerned, you really don't need one for a build like this.
Using polystyrene you will just need a good knife and glue. I hope you have a good set of plans and documentation, almost nothing on the web.
You go on to say---

" I need to make a fuselage for an Arado Ar-234C in 1/12 scale
(1.800mm long) I ask you because I do not have experience of the workings of the hot wire, and i would need to be advised by experts for to create properly fuselage polystyrene .".

I think your best bet is to check out this forum--
http://www.rcgroups.com/rc-airliners...p-carrier-780/
Although the Arado Ar-234C is a bomber, the fuse is much like an airliner or transport, with podded engines. The guys on that forum have built some fantastic planes. Read some of the threads, and look at the attachments, that will give you a better idea on how to build this. Good Luck
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Jun 2007
229 Posts
1800 mm long will be 1/7 not 1/12.

Heiner
heiner is offline Find More Posts by heiner
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,008 Posts
heiner, I sent at-6 texan a PM of the e-mail you sent me, I think it was meant for him. He has you address now.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined May 2009
66 Posts
thanks guys ok..now i go to read the topic.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined May 2009
66 Posts
Thk Heiner for the clarification .... ok I do not know if this will be possible but I'm going to tweak the nose of Arado 234C i think so That not be a version That is more reproduction but much more an "semi" reproduction.
look at the picture and you will understand what I mean.
Last edited by at-6 texan; Feb 23, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,008 Posts
at-6 texan I just sent you a PM . heiner is the one with the fuse. His e-mail in in the message.
Mark
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:39 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,185 Posts
good luck finding good three views..I only found one set that has good shape..and not many formers..Here is my build
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=arado+234
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:47 AM
Joined May 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
good luck finding good three views..I only found one set that has good shape..and not many formers..Here is my build
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=arado+234
thk turbonut. nice plans you still have the drawings to scale?
by his 3d I took what the original (drawn in yellow) but it is too small to Work it over. I have a program that generates fuselages through various steps ... if you have designs in clear I could proceed to the realization of the ordinates and later of the fuselage ..... I would like to create a fuselage in a short time and with few problems of workability. I think the depron even if it is a material still unknown to me, the material can be more suitable. the problem is that I do not know how to deal with this because it do not and never used and do not know what use to make various thicknesses particular type main compartment to "main gears", frames port wing, etc, etc. over the depron has only two measures 3mm and 6mm what do I do with these measures? "how do I use?" .... to 6mm for the frames and the 3 mm for the skin? ...
sorry for all these questions thanks and see you soon.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:48 AM
Joined May 2009
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
at-6 texan I just sent you a PM . heiner is the one with the fuse. His e-mail in in the message.
Mark
Thk again Mark for the E-mail.