Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:00 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi S,
From the Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Transmitter modes, dual rates and exponential:
--Mode 1: has rudder + elevator on left stick, and aileron + throttle on right.
Mainly Asia and some in Australia and Europe use this mode.
--Mode 2: has throttle + rudder on left stick, and elevator + aileron on the right stick (so right stick acts like a traditional aircraft and helicopter joystick with elevator and aileron). Most in USA use this mode.
--Mode 3: has elevator + aileron on the left stick, and throttle + rudder on the right stick. This is the opposite stick position of Mode 2..
--Mode 4: has throttle + ailerons on left stick, and elevator + rudder on the right stick. This is the opposite stick position of Mode 1.
--Tx Modes explanation: http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html
--Tx Dual Rates and Exponential explanation: http://www.hoverandsmile.com/tx/64/r...nd-exponential
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
On the Logger website, there are 2 pictures of the Eye One. One says "Mode 2" the other one says "Mode 3". What does that mean? I've asked this question before and either no one knows or everyone thinks it's too stupid of a question to answer.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:00 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Tx Mode 1

Stick controls are:
left stick operates elevator & rudder, right stick operates throttle & ailerons.

Tx Mode 2

Stick controls are:
left stick operates throttle & rudder, right stick operates elevator & ailerons.

Tx Mode 3

Stick controls are:
left stick operates elevator & ailerons, right stick operates throttle & rudder.

Tx Mode 4

Stick controls are:
left stick operates throttle & ailerons, right stick operates elevator & rudder.

As you can see, mode 3 is the opposite to mode 2 and mode 4 is the opposite to mode 1, giving complete right handed/left handed user options.

Mode 2 is the most common standard (at least in the US), while there are quite a few that also fly mode 1 as well. Mode 3 and 4 are much less common.

Hope that helps.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:20 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Thank both of you. In the states I just assume all transmitters were "Mode 2", I always drive on the right side of the road.

Does anyone know just how much weight this neat little Eye One can handle? I'd like to take apart one of my little keychain cameras and stick it on there some how. Maybe I should wait for the new versions.
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi S,
Yes most in the USA use mode 2, but some actually prefer mode 4.

I fitted an OEM 808 #16 to the RCE1 and while it had no problems lifting for 3 minutes on the OEM lipo, as you neared that 3 minute mark it would tend to have trouble recovering from the wobble of death if any wind gust hit it, or you were not extremely gentle or used a slide angle in descents. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1087

It actually performed a bit better when I fitted Mini Pet props on it and did the same test.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Thank both of you. In the states I just assume all transmitters were "Mode 2", I always drive on the right side of the road.

Does anyone know just how much weight this neat little Eye One can handle? I'd like to take apart one of my little keychain cameras and stick it on there some how. Maybe I should wait for the new versions.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:49 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
See Jim this time you beat me.

I might have missed it previously, but were the mini pet props a direct fit? How were it's other flying characteristics?
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:13 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi S,
Yes most in the USA use mode 2, but some actually prefer mode 4.

I fitted an OEM 808 #16 to the RCE1 and while it had no problems lifting for 3 minutes on the OEM lipo, as you neared that 3 minute mark it would tend to have trouble recovering from the wobble of death if any wind gust hit it, or you were not extremely gentle or used a slide angle in descents. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1087

It actually performed a bit better when I fitted Mini Pet props on it and did the same test.
Cheers,
Jim

@Jim,

How about some video

@All,

We are working at a feverish pace to have the "One Cam" ready soon. As soon as I receive a prototype the video will follow!!!!

Adam
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
Hi Adam,

is the one cam to fit the eye one?
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:19 PM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
Hi Adam,

is the one cam to fit the eye one?
Hi symon,

That is correct. While I have yet to see the prototype. I am informed the cam and wireless tx (5.8 Ghz) will weigh in at only a few grams, and will be housed in the canopy of the EYE One.

Chris is at the Toy Fair in Nuremberg Germany. Once he gets back I will bug him for more info on this camera. Hopefully I can snag some development pics to post

Adam
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
Hi,

Sounds great!..thank you...
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:10 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Gary,
Nice work! I found that when I put on a OEM 16.7g #16 keycam, the RCE1 has enough lift with reserve for about 3 minutes of flight time before it loses enough reserve power to recover and counter any wobble of death(WOD) induced from wind gusts. It would be really nice if the RCE1 had the ability to adjust the PID for added AUW stability by a setup utility or POTI. I found it handled gusts better without a WOD if I mounted the slightly smaller less pitched Mini Pet props too. That effectively is a way of doing a crude mechanical PID adjust Interestingly, there is only slightly reduced lift and flight time with those props and some increased stability probably due to less mass and pitch drag. Note also that the throttle power is reduced in the Sport mode. You have more in the Expert mode to lift,but then you are the self-leveling device It would be nice for the RCE1 to have that extra power in the Sport mode too. Experiment!
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,
I missed your post some how..... I sure wish there was a way to have the power of expoert mode while in sport mode that would make this thing crazy fun for me.
I will try the mini pet props on it and see how that works out,
Thanks for the tip..
G
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:39 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger View Post
Hi symon,

That is correct. While I have yet to see the prototype. I am informed the cam and wireless tx (5.8 Ghz) will weigh in at only a few grams, and will be housed in the canopy of the EYE One.

Chris is at the Toy Fair in Nuremberg Germany. Once he gets back I will bug him for more info on this camera. Hopefully I can snag some development pics to post

Adam
OK, great info. I'm putting off getting my Eye One til this new stuff comes out.
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:03 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
Batman has a eye one... Look the stability... 1m28s I left the control...

31.01.2013 - 720P - RC Logger Eye One @ the Batcave - Onboard cam (2 min 19 sec)

I added a yellow horizontal stripe, roller paper tape on canopy, tail side so I could easily see when it is tail to my direction. On front I have a vertical stripe. Great was to have the led on tail, so we could see the tail when pointed to us.
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
Last edited by ricardoliveira; Jan 31, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi J,
The Mini Pet props press on the RCE1 1mm motor shafts with a nice tight fit, but not all the way down to the bearing, so you might want to do the straw micro motor saver mod if that worries you. The other flight RCE1 characteristics seem to be about the same. There is an improvement in performance in wind and gusts and a decreased tendency for the wobble of death(WOD) when an OEM 808 #16 keycam is fitted which adds another 16.7g to the RCE1's OEM 77.5g AUW.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
See Jim this time you beat me.

I might have missed it previously, but were the mini pet props a direct fit? How were it's other flying characteristics?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:14 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
166 Posts
Bats

Ok... 2 bats... small fun...

I need two or three more... BUT !!! 30Ä two + one charger...
From rc logger, each 9$ ok but then shipping... no cheap alternative... only DHL...

Read everything, alternative:

adaptor - 6$
zippy 350 - 40*20*15mm - 21g - 3$
gforce 350 - 38.1*19.1*15 - 21.6g - 4.40$
rhino 360 - 43*20*15 - 22.5g

Pros - Cheaper.
Cons - Does not charge on usb regular charger... so no chance to charge it easily anywhere... i have a car usb adapter and also a socket to usb adapter so i can charge it on a trip home so i can fly it as soon as i arrive to destination...

Sooooooooooooo... RC LOGGER... please add an option for cheap airmail !!! It is a small thing, a chouched envelope should do it, no need for DHL !!!

Thatīs it, my suggestion.
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoliveira View Post
Ok... 2 bats... small fun...

I need two or three more... BUT !!! 30Ä two + one charger...
From rc logger, each 9$ ok but then shipping... no cheap alternative... only DHL...

Read everything, alternative:

adaptor - 6$
zippy 350 - 40*20*15mm - 21g - 3$
gforce 350 - 38.1*19.1*15 - 21.6g - 4.40$
rhino 360 - 43*20*15 - 22.5g

Pros - Cheaper.
Cons - Does not charge on usb regular charger... so no chance to charge it easily anywhere... i have a car usb adapter and also a socket to usb adapter so i can charge it on a trip home so i can fly it as soon as i arrive to destination...

Sooooooooooooo... RC LOGGER... please add an option for cheap airmail !!! It is a small thing, a chouched envelope should do it, no need for DHL !!!

Thatīs it, my suggestion.
Hi,
Do what G-unit did on page 67 of this thread...