HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:41 PM
I ask a lot of questions.
Canada, AB, Airdrie
Joined Aug 2012
160 Posts
Discussion
First time builder's supply guide for Scratch-Building: Beyond the Basics

Think of this as a "First time builder's supply guide for Scratch-Building: Beyond the Basics Edition." The shopping list of supplies for the intermediate skilled, first-time foam board builder.

I'm opening a discussion about the tools and materials for first-time buyers that are advancing their build skills beyond the basics. Materials and tools beyond glue and tape. I'm hoping to create a list of the material and any tools that are the next step in construction. Materials like laminates and carbon fiber, paints and epoxies, soldering guns and air-brushes.

When discussing these things, please try to include any brand names and prices so the first-time shopper can be sure to buy the stuff that we know will work.
Since I am not at that level for my own construction skills, I hope a few of the respected veteran builders can get the discussion started.

Cheers, Stew
Disco Stew is offline Find More Posts by Disco Stew
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:56 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,239 Posts
Here is a great paint to use on foam. I use it.

http://www.krylon.com/products/short...erosol_paints/
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign