Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Wow so much to read, sucks coming to the party so late. I love my "Baby" Mcx Tandem. The Colour scheme is exactly what the Canadian CG used for years, and is still using that same scheme. My buddy in the US refers to it as the Yellow Banana. Only problem i've had with it is, after a terrible tragic crash while trying to rescue firefighter bob from a raging forest fire, is it wants to crawl forward no amount of back trim corrects it. I can see that my rear rotor shaft is no aligned in flight to the front. It looks as though it is leaning right even with canopy off.

Outer main shaft is new, inner shaft is new, swash plate's are new, so i know its not any of these causing it. Someone mentioned there was info here on how to correct it said something about the frame but i can't seem to find info on this if anyone can point me in the right direction i would much appreciate it.

Hip.
thehip21 is offline Find More Posts by thehip21
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
265 Posts
Hey guys,

We've just introduced a 3.7 volt 280mAh 25C lipo just for the Blade Tandem Rescue (Chinook) helicopter. These 280mAh batteries will provide longer flight times than the stock replacement, and fit right into the heli and stock charger with no modifications necessary.

We're doing a one-day introductory special where you can get these brand new lipos at a great price.

Click the link below to check it out:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.ph..._deal_day.html

Cheers!
CSRC Tech Crew is offline Find More Posts by CSRC Tech Crew
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:26 AM
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
small battery
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:08 PM
Québec city, Canada
Joined May 2004
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip21 View Post
"The Colour scheme is exactly what the Canadian CG used for years..."
Hip.

Just a small note; the color scheme is used by the Canadian armed forces on their SAR choppers. Canadian coast guard uses the usual red W/ white stripe.
Cheers
aeronavale is offline Find More Posts by aeronavale
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
Joined Oct 2008
307 Posts
Quote:
Wow so much to read, sucks coming to the party so late. I love my "Baby" Mcx Tandem. The Colour scheme is exactly what the Canadian CG used for years, and is still using that same scheme. My buddy in the US refers to it as the Yellow Banana. Only problem i've had with it is, after a terrible tragic crash while trying to rescue firefighter bob from a raging forest fire, is it wants to crawl forward no amount of back trim corrects it. I can see that my rear rotor shaft is no aligned in flight to the front. It looks as though it is leaning right even with canopy off.

Outer main shaft is new, inner shaft is new, swash plate's are new, so i know its not any of these causing it. Someone mentioned there was info here on how to correct it said something about the frame but i can't seem to find info on this if anyone can point me in the right direction i would much appreciate it.

Hip.
Try gently twisting themain frame by holding at both masts. Sometimes they can get out of alignment. This usually helps. Also make sure both swash plates are set up level.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Sep 05, 2010, 06:53 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
I just tried these packs in my Tandem Rescue. Good price and longer flight time than the original battery. Has anyone tried a 400mAh in these?

Bruce
1970Flyboy is offline Find More Posts by 1970Flyboy
Old Sep 05, 2010, 10:49 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,368 Posts
Hi Bruce:
Welcome to RC Groups! Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2010, 12:13 PM
TREE TOP PILOT
United States, IN, Greenfield
Joined Feb 2007
1,768 Posts
1970Flyboy--- Tandem is great just recieved those batterys thanks for the link.gonna try them tonite..cheers Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Flyboy View Post
I just tried these packs in my Tandem Rescue. Good price and longer flight time than the original battery. Has anyone tried a 400mAh in these?

Bruce
crashdumby is online now Find More Posts by crashdumby
Old Oct 08, 2010, 06:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
265 Posts
Hey guys,

We're having a weekend special on 400mAh replacement lipos for the Tandem Rescue.

All sale orders receive FREE shipping on the entire order (lower 48 states only).

http://www.commonsenserc.com/page.ph..._deal_day.html

Cheers!
CSRC Tech Crew is offline Find More Posts by CSRC Tech Crew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
southern maryland
Joined Aug 2010
99 Posts
You seem to be an authority on the tandem rescue. My problem is it wants to turn left all the time. I have the right rudder trimmed all the way to the right and still turns left. I have tried twisting the frame also and unplugging the battery after a couple of minutes of flight and putting back in like suggested but to no avail? I am thinking the swash plate arms need to be adjusted but not sure which one and which way...please help! thanks
rr9434 is offline Find More Posts by rr9434
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:01 AM
southern maryland
Joined Aug 2010
99 Posts
Aox...
I need some expert advise. My tandem rescue continuously turns to the left even with the right rudder trim maxed out. I have tried everything! Twisting the frame, unplugging the battery after a couple of minutes and back but no help. I am guessing the arms to the swashes need to be adjusted but not sure which one or both and which way to turn? I have no problems with right and left aieleron just turning left...I am also guessing to do this I will have to take the blades and the canopy off?
thanks for you help..please feel free to email me rwrenfro@verizon.net
rr9434 is offline Find More Posts by rr9434
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:05 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,650 Posts
Quote:

Hip.
My Tandem must have a bad gyro or the gyro in these is a POS. For the first few flights it would sometimes start turning right which could not be corrected by trim. Unplugging the battery and plugging it back in would help. Now the nose is starting to bob up and down as the gyro speeds up and slows down the front rotors.

What I have noticed is that trim adjustments with this model are borderline useless. You just cannot trim it enough if it's not flying the way it should. For example, if if even has a slight turn right or left, it will require almost full trim to compensate.

After about 10 flights mine is getting almost unflyable. It flies in slow clockwise circles by itself half the time and there isn't anything i can do about it.

I think I'm going to request a warranty exchange from Horizon

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:08 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimastep View Post
Thank goodness I am not alone!

I am experiencing exactly the same issue. After 5-6 flights which were great I am seeing what you are seeing. Try this trick: fly the heli for 3 minutes until it develops a drift. Then land it, disconnect the battery and reconnect it again. See if it fixes the drift. For me it does! Which tells me this is a defective board. I contacted HH but the person on the phone was reluctant to do anything and was saying something like the motors may be bad. When I told him "how come if I reconnect the battery it fixes things" he didn't say anything.
I know these posts are older, but I just got my Tandem and the problems listed here are exactly what I'm having. I wonder if Horizon ever update the gyro in these things? It sure seems to lose it's heading easy and starts drifting.

Rpb
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:51 PM
Joined Nov 2010
10 Posts
can't wait till mine comes in!

Hi!

I'm new to RC-Groups, but joined specifically to participate in this thread. Anyways, I orderd my Tandem Rescue from Great Hobbies.

I WANT TO CLAIRIFy SOMETHING. This aircraft is NOT called the Chinook, but In Canada, it's the Labrador. The Chinook is american, and is slightly amphibious. SAR (Search and Rescue) used this chopper until this decade, when they switched to the Cormorad (Sorry for spelling), which has a main, and tail rotor with a similar paint scheme. For this model, the paint scheme is similar to the actual thing, but the guard like "boxes" that stick out above the rear wheels are supposed to be red. Yes, I'm a canadian.

Anyways, what should I know before using this aircraft?

Thanks, John
(13 years old, as this will be my first R/C Aircraft.)
jimmer109 is offline Find More Posts by jimmer109
Last edited by jimmer109; Nov 16, 2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling, forgot a word
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:43 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer109 View Post
Hi!
I WANT TO CLAIRIFy SOMETHING. This aircraft is NOT called the Chinook, but In Canada, it's the Labrador. The Chinook is american, and is slightly amphibious.

It's not a Chinook in the US, either, its a Sea Knight. Chinooks are CH-47's, this is a CH-46.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN