HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Not a matter of amps, the motors are just not running a full power. This has been posted by many people in many forums.

As to using one in an EDF, as you are not going to be using any of the Hacker 28 pole motors, or on of the larger Motrolfly motors designed for 3D, they may work for you, or they may not.

This situation has been a problem for many people that have tried to use the Edge ESCs, as they would only get about 80% of power with the Hackers, and even the guy that does a lot of the testing for Motrolfly said he got more power with an ICE2 ESC.

SteveT.
Cool thanks for the detailed heads up!
Bhodi11 is online now Find More Posts by Bhodi11
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
I was having another "senior moment" and couldn't remember what Manta1 had after Manta, so I didn't post his screen name, but you can PM him and ask him about the Edge ESCs and the larger Motrolfly motors, as he has been testing them...

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Joined Dec 2013
414 Posts
Its late I'm tired, I did something stupid. So I'm working on the build watching the videos and using the manual. On the elevator the guy applies some medium CA and slides the hinge tabs into place. In the manual thin CA is applied with the tabs already in place like the ailerons step. Stupid me crossed things and applied thin ca and then tried to slide tabs in. As you imagine they did not slide to far before they bonded all to hell. I ended up with the inside tab most of the way in and the outside tab barely in. So I took some de-bonder and soaked it for a bit. Ended up using a #11 blade to carefully work it free. I now have two mostly sealed up slots on the right horizontal stab and 2 buggered up hinges on the right horizontal control surface. The horizontal stab is already firmly glued into place on the fuse. Not sure what to do from here. I could maybe work the slots open enough to accept new hinges on the stab. The one hinge on the control surface has enough hinge left to do the job the other not so much. Plus both may be compromised from the de-bonder and my trusty exacto. I would welcome any suggestions as to how to get out of this mess. Also any idea what brand CA hinges would be a match?
Last edited by Bhodi11; Yesterday at 11:42 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
A "Hot Knife" does a great job of removing hinges, and, I like these hinges

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:18 AM
Joined Dec 2013
414 Posts
Ok so fixed it in short order. Got clever and soaked hobby knife in debonder and carefully worked it around and got the old ones out. Flipped the other elevator to make sure the slots would accept new hinges and perfect fit. Wheeewh that was a close one. Steve I did not see a link to the hinges. The H9 CA hinges look to be close from a looks standpoint. Not sure about the size. I dont want to monkey with the slots too much and crack something the will weaken the surface. Or is that an issue? Thanks!

Edit: Just saw you were recommending same hinges I was thinking of, thanks!!!
Old Today, 12:33 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Yup, the H9 ones...

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:10 PM
Joined Dec 2013
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Yup, the H9 ones...

SteveT.
Ended up using the Great Planes hinges as that is what the LHS had handy. Worked perfect and can't tell I ever made the mistake.
Old Today, 10:23 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,078 Posts
Good to hear it!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member