SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by Clive66
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
2,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chascall View Post
I just bought a Tidewater and most of the servo wires were Futaba, but not the ESC wire. I just trimmed off the tab and put them into my Spektrum RX.
Since that is an extension for the ESC & not the Actual ESC connector, i can see that happening.

My ESC extension may have been that way also, but since i don't think twice about cutting that little tab off, i don't remember.
Clive66 is online now Find More Posts by Clive66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66 View Post
That's odd
I put my Tidewater on my DX6i DSMX TX with no problems (AR600 RX)
Plugged the Servos & ESC in with no modification at all.
Me too. The stock components plugged right in to the AR600 receiver.
Charlie P (NY) is offline Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by Barry Smythe
eagleflyer
Joined Dec 2014
33 Posts
In post 996 the use of a Graupner prop was mentioned. That is a good prop and runs very smoothly with the Tidewater motor. If my memory is correct it draws about 19 amps as opposed to the stock prop which draws about 24 amps.

The stock prop needs balancing, but once balanced it gives very peppy performance, almost in proportion to the difference in current draws.

The stock prop has a larger blade area than the Graupner. That is probably the reason for the better performance.

Has anyone found a prop which is even better than the stock prop? If you have, do you know the current draw?
Barry Smythe is offline Find More Posts by Barry Smythe