HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:54 PM
Registered User
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,686 Posts
Rave
Diamond Hobby service

Just wanted to give recognition to great customer service from Diamond Hobby, I needed to get some spare prop blades for my FMS FW-190, I ordered online Monday evening and they arrived Thursday at noon.

Very much unlike Banana Hobby who I bought the model from, still never heard a peep from them back around February, email numerous times called many times, nothing, When I see them at the AMA show in January I will ask them so what about that customer service?

Thank you to FMS for axing BH and bringing in Diamond, nice to know that customer support is almost on par with Horizon/ Parkone service.
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:07 PM
Registered User
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Just wanted to give recognition to great customer service from Diamond Hobby, I needed to get some spare prop blades for my FMS FW-190, I ordered online Monday evening and they arrived Thursday at noon.

Very much unlike Banana Hobby who I bought the model from, still never heard a peep from them back around February, email numerous times called many times, nothing, When I see them at the AMA show in January I will ask them so what about that customer service?

Thank you to FMS for axing BH and bringing in Diamond, nice to know that customer support is almost on par with Horizon/ Parkone service.
Dont forget MotionRc
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:26 AM
Shut up and fly
papabatman's Avatar
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,426 Posts
yes they rock. they where kind to me on the phone when i was having a brain fart
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:45 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Forrest Gump 23's Avatar
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
I am beginning to think both DH and MRC are ran by the same people both sites are similar as well as service rendered.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:48 AM
Registered User
United States, PA
Joined Nov 2012
92 Posts
I've ordered from Motion and Diamond and love 'em both. Motion is from Illinois and Diamond is in Florida. It seems to be that they actually care and modeled their businesses around that. I will be ordering again for sure.
Eflyer 1 is offline Find More Posts by Eflyer 1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 04, 2013, 08:01 PM
I74
Registered User
I74's Avatar
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jan 2013
581 Posts
I love MRC ...''They just don't have the V2 70mm F16 yet'',so I thought that I would give DH a shot, before christmas.. .. I 've been trying to get some straight answers from DH the last few days via emails,and am not being to successfull yet ,regarding the V2 version,of the70mm F16,,and what you are really getting with the PNP F4......They have the PNP V1 F4 listed with an included battery,but the last email that I was sent,said otherwise...I also asked about the V2 F16 foam material,and was told that it was EPH....I did notice on their ''updated'' product description,that it was now listed EPO,,''wich is good''...Anyway,,I have asked about parts on my first 2 emails,,and haven't received a reply on this.....I sent them, one last email this eve,,and will give them one last shot,for some straight answers..They seem like decent folks ,from what I have read so far,,but need to be on the ball,about their products,,''and carry spare parts''..........I hope that they will convince me to do buisness with them.......
I74 is offline Find More Posts by I74
Last edited by I74; Dec 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2013, 05:59 AM
They call me Dan
sc4dr's Avatar
United States, MD, Lutherville-Timonium
Joined Jan 2013
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I74 View Post
I love MRC..''They just don't have the V2 70mm F16 yet'',so I thought that I would give DH a shot, before christmas.. .. I 've been trying to get some straight answers from DH the last few days via emails,and am not being to successfull yet ,regarding the V2 version,of the70mm F16,,and what you are really getting with the PNP F4......They have the PNP V1 F4 listed with an included battery,but the last email that I was sent,said otherwise...I also asked about the V2 F16 foam material,and was told that it was EPH....I did notice on their ''updated'' product description,that it was now listed EPO,,''wich is good''...Anyway,,I have asked about parts on my first 2 emails,,and haven't received a reply on this.....I sent them, one last email this eve,,and will give them one last shot,for some straight answers..They seem like decent folks ,from what I have read so far,,but need to be on the ball,about their products,,''and carry spare parts''..........I hope that they will convince me to do buisness with them.......
I would just wait for motion to stock your plane.....
sc4dr is offline Find More Posts by sc4dr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2013, 08:16 PM
I74
Registered User
I74's Avatar
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jan 2013
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc4dr View Post
i would just wait for motion to stock your plane.....
10-4
I74 is offline Find More Posts by I74
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:13 AM
Diamond Hobby's Avatar
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I74 View Post
10-4
Just so all know the straight facts. Never asked about parts and I did respond we did have parts instock and new shipment arriving. (Be here tomorrow)
Had to ahve Webmaster update listing and theyare in China 12 hours ahead of us so it took a day or two. V2 is in stock, and have the new updated motors and ESC. Battery was removed, as most want to use their own or upgrade to a higher mAh.

Jim
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:13 PM
I74
Registered User
I74's Avatar
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jan 2013
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
Just so all know the straight facts. Never asked about parts and I did respond we did have parts instock and new shipment arriving. (Be here tomorrow)
Had to ahve Webmaster update listing and theyare in China 12 hours ahead of us so it took a day or two. V2 is in stock, and have the new updated motors and ESC. Battery was removed, as most want to use their own or upgrade to a higher mAh.

Jim
First off,,,''IF'' I never asked about parts,,why would you say that you responded, that you did have them??..I do see that you have,and had parts,for other types of aircraft,but not the F4 and F16 that I'am interested in..As of 12/15/13,there is still no listing of parts for these planes...I did notice though on 12/14/13, that you have the 70mm F16- r/w and blue, listed on sale for $120.00..''Just couldn't pass that up''...I then put it in my cart today,, 12/15/13,,,''Still listed for $120.00'',,,and found the price at checkout was $169.99........
I74 is offline Find More Posts by I74
Last edited by I74; Dec 16, 2013 at 09:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:54 PM
352nd FG Association
Moonbeam's Avatar
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,139 Posts
For The Record

Diamond Hobby is my new favorite vendor. I've NEVER had any problems contacting them or getting what I need. Their service is in the top 3 in my book, and I will continue to buy from them for a long time. Kudos to you guys at Diamond!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Antonio Reviews FMS P-47 800mm V2 Diamond hobby DroneproZ Electric Warbirds 13 Sep 11, 2013 12:27 AM
Discussion Phone Order from Diamond Hobby bpd964 Diamond Hobby 5 Apr 25, 2013 09:13 AM
DIAMOND HOBBY & FMS Models Diamond Hobby SEFF 2013 3 Apr 22, 2013 11:57 AM
Question Vendor Forum Request for Diamond Hobby jogorek Site Suggestions / Complaints 3 Mar 12, 2013 12:21 PM