SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Euphoria Carbon F3J - Soaring USA

The Euphoria Carbon employs the latest advances in aerodynamic design as well as the strengths of many successful F3J models to create an entirely new concept.

Splash

Euphoria Carbon F3J

The main goal of development was to create a competitive F3J model whose superior quality would enable pilots to "grow into" its capabilities, thereby lowering the costs of long-term participation in F3J competition. CNC milling is used to create the molds for the wings and tail surfaces. The 4pc wing section is carbon skinned for superior strength. The overall finish and quality of this model is top notch.

Details:

• Wingspan 156" (4.0 m)
  • Airfoil Special
  • Length 72"
  • Weight 61oz Empty
  • Controls A-E-R-F
  • Features Removable Tail surfaces
Learn more here.

Discussion

Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:41 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
My searches have lead to nowhere. Who is the manufacturer of this model and when did it hit the market? Is anyone flying this?
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:05 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,685 Posts
It looks like I need to drive over to SoaringUSA and have a look at this intriguing model and find out more, very nice!
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:12 PM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
Montrose, NY
Joined May 2003
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
My searches have lead to nowhere. Who is the manufacturer of this model and when did it hit the market? Is anyone flying this?
http://www.soaringusa.com/Euphoria-Carbon-F3J.html
This is what I came up with.

Kurt
kzimmerm is offline Find More Posts by kzimmerm
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:24 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,935 Posts
Euphoria F3J

Howdy,

This model was first produced as an F5J model in Ukraine buy one of our building groups. It did very well over the last couple of years. Now we have made an F3J version. This is a new addition to our line up, and I am sure you will be hearing more in the near future as they begin to migrate from our shelves to the field. One this interesting is the 4 pc wing. This helps with transport, which can be a pain with 2pc 4m wings!

Best,
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:31 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro View Post
Howdy,

This model was first produced as an F5J model in Ukraine buy one of our building groups. It did very well over the last couple of years. Now we have made an F3J version. This is a new addition to our line up, and I am sure you will be hearing more in the near future as they begin to migrate from our shelves to the field. One this interesting is the 4 pc wing. This helps with transport, which can be a pain with 2pc 4m wings!

Best,
Bob
Nice Bob
optional a 2 pc fuse to make it a good travel plane would be a nice feature.

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2013, 10:29 PM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,478 Posts
Beautiful plane but a bit pricy for my pocket book. Still for $2100 dollars I think folks should know who the manufacturer is.

What are the colour options for the Euphoria II?
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:52 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
S2000, If you get hands on this model please report findings...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
Crestview, Florida
Joined Dec 2005
619 Posts
This may be a wild shot but, I'm gonna guess it's gonna be as light as a feather, float like a butterfly, and "launch to the moon".
Tappet is offline Find More Posts by Tappet
Old Sep 10, 2013, 04:13 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
Nice Bob
optional a 2 pc fuse to make it a good travel plane would be a nice feature.

Cheers
Thomas
Thomas,
We do have a removable tail, it sure helps.

Obake,
White/red, Red/white both with naked carbon bottoms....

Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 03:06 AM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,094 Posts
Naming Strategies

Not to be confused with the Weberschock Europhia 2K

http://www.strat.at/produkte/f3b.htm

DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Last edited by DrFragnasty; Sep 11, 2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:42 AM
United States, AL, Madison
Joined May 2002
2,272 Posts
Thanks DrFragnasty

I just now realized......... Euphoria ≠ Europhia.
nuevo is offline Find More Posts by nuevo
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,558 Posts
Personally, I don't CARE WHO BUILT IT!
All I care about is performance and build quality.
If it fly's great and is well constructed, I'm IN.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:24 PM
Play loud, Fly high
Vincennes,IN USA
Joined Apr 2007
650 Posts
Euphoria

Got mine. Waiting for the flight pack to arrive. She's sweet. More to come as I progress.
Gil Gauger is offline Find More Posts by Gil Gauger
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
Play loud, Fly high
Vincennes,IN USA
Joined Apr 2007
650 Posts
First impressions

After careful inspection I can report: Very minor cosmetic issues, the spread tow on the bottom of one tip panel has a tiny handling snag, and the pretty red paint on the wings is sprayed very lightly in the mold (great) but there are some drips that are less transparent than the surrounding areas leading to a slightly polka dotted appearance. Nothing that bothers me. Mine matches the one pictured above with the exception of a red fin.The fuse layup is modified from what is displayed in the picture at the start of this thread. Lighter and with a very slick layup of carbon around the hatch opening which combined with the molded underside of the carbon canopy forms a snap fit latch. Very nice! The fuse is plenty rigid even with the canopy off and no tray in place thanks to that lip. The boom to pod mating area has been molded to allow putting a wet layer (not supplied) between them, making for a very secure bond. The pod is a Kevlar layup with no carbon in the way of 2.4 antennae either in the nose or behind the servo tray.The joiner is beefy and required nothing more than cleaning of the release agents to achieve a perfect fit. The pod and wing roots have molded in locations for the 6 pin Multiplex connectors and the alignment is spot on. A really nice feature is the templates already stuck on the boom and pod for the push rod exits and tow hook slot. Classy touch. There are also two slick carbon fairings for the pushrod exits included in the hardware pack,. My only complaint so far is the customary stickers manufacturers use to identify parts during those multi-plane import shipments. These peeled off easily but that adhesive was some of the nastiest I have run into. Took a serious effort with some acetone on a rag to get all the residue cleaned up. Hope those templates aren't as tough. All I have done so far is to start fabbing a servo tray, and built the two fuse harnesses while awaiting servos. Weights out of the box:

Pod 5.1 oz
Boom 1.9
canopy 0.2
joiner 2.3
fin/rudder 1.7
stab 1.4
left tip 3.2
right tip 3.2
left main 22.2
right main 22.0
hardware 1.4
fuse harness 0.6
tray 0.2
------
total 65.4
The tray and harnesses I supplied so it easily matches the advertised weight.
Gil Gauger is offline Find More Posts by Gil Gauger