HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:01 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jan 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
I saw a Tidewater do a really neat tumble routine and heard the pilot explain the steps to someone else:

1. Go inverted & pull back power.

2. Apply full down elevator.

3. Apply full power.

Really cool to look at!

Did I get it right?
I need to try this...Ok...need to ask a clarifying question. When the plane is inverted...down elevator still means full forward in this description? Nevermind...I'll just try it both ways and see what happens :-) This plane is a beautiful flier and almost always finds a place in my van when I'm going flying off water.
HotChaCha is offline Find More Posts by HotChaCha
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Aug 2004
364 Posts
The Tidewater Tumble:

Get PLENTY of altitude! Roll inverted and climb at around 1/2 power. Just before the inverted stall full down and full power, wings level. The high thrust line will cause the Tidewater to pivot around the longitudinal axis. To recover, power off and neutralize the controls. It will sort itself out and recover. If you are really brave...during the tumble holding full down, go full left aileron, full RIGHT rudder and full power. The Tidewater will enter an inverted flat spin that the crowd will love! Recovery is the same, power OFF and neutral, but may take another 3-4 turns to stop so beware!

Russ Farris
pookielips1954 is offline Find More Posts by pookielips1954
Old Oct 17, 2013, 06:16 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jan 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookielips1954 View Post
The Tidewater Tumble:

Get PLENTY of altitude! Roll inverted and climb at around 1/2 power. Just before the inverted stall full down and full power, wings level. The high thrust line will cause the Tidewater to pivot around the longitudinal axis. To recover, power off and neutralize the controls. It will sort itself out and recover. If you are really brave...during the tumble holding full down, go full left aileron, full RIGHT rudder and full power. The Tidewater will enter an inverted flat spin that the crowd will love! Recovery is the same, power OFF and neutral, but may take another 3-4 turns to stop so beware!

Russ Farris

thanks Russ,

Oooooo.....Ahhhh....just like fireworks on the 4th of July. Got to Try this !!!
HotChaCha is offline Find More Posts by HotChaCha
RCG Plus Member