SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 07, 2014, 10:48 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I might try the 300 Nanotechs sometime. I'm flying Glacier 200s right now but woudl like to increase my flight time a bit before the power starts to sag.
I just some Glaciers in last week and a multi charge board.
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2014, 10:49 AM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Contact HH about it. Since it's new, the should take care of it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Already done. Sending it in tomorrow.
Just got email from HH yesterday, heli has shipped and Tuesday ETA
Diesel6401 is offline Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Solo Pro II, mCPX V2
Slovakia
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
BL mod

Hi every one, i have question, is it any problem to modify mCP X to mCP X BL, there are already some mod kits, but for me it seems much cheaper to just buy new BL board than buy mod and than solder it onto old board. And if i decided that i would like to mod it, what parts do i need ? i thought about:
  • main chassis
  • main board
  • bl motor
  • 7.4 acu
  • skids for acu ?
do i also need ? :
  • bl rotor head
  • bl tail boom
AirWulf is offline Find More Posts by AirWulf
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
I put Lynx bullet blades (standard length--not stretch) on my BLs and tried them out last night. I think they've got a nicer response than the colored ones from Horizon Hobby (also bullet). The colors seem to be brighter as well, so that's nice. I need to put the stickers on the Xtreme canopies that I got so I can star flying those. The stock canopies are egg-shell thin! I've broken those canopies in more places than all my other Blade helis combined!

I'm starting to like my mCPX BLs better now that I've had a chance to put a few dozen flights through them. I take them to work because they're small enough that I feel safe flying them at the little field/park up the road from my building. They're also durable in a crash and easy to repair if I do break something. My problem issue with them has been that they get small very quickly and I've already nearly lost one in a tree because I lost orientation and had to hit throttle hold to avoid it going into the forest. If I keep them closer, I'm concerned about hitting the ground or myself if I'm trying to work on learning new skills (rainbows and inverted circuits right now). These little buggers can shoot off in a random direction VERY quickly if you're not careful.

I still like my 130Xs a lot more (they're my warm-up act at my club field before I fly the 450X) but for after work flying in a small park, I really think the mCPX BL is just right.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWulf View Post
Hi every one, i have question, is it any problem to modify mCP X to mCP X BL, there are already some mod kits, but for me it seems much cheaper to just buy new BL board than buy mod and than solder it onto old board. And if i decided that i would like to mod it, what parts do i need ? i thought about:
  • main chassis
  • main board
  • bl motor
  • 7.4 acu
  • skids for acu ?
do i also need ? :
  • bl rotor head
  • bl tail boom
Your MCPX will be overpowered completely by the B/L components. Buy a B/L.. really!!
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
Solo Pro II, mCPX V2
Slovakia
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
Your MCPX will be overpowered completely by the B/L components. Buy a B/L.. really!!
yes but new BL costs as far as i know here about 200e, jet BL board costs around 50e and motor and chassis cost around another 50e, so i can have BL mod for cca 100e
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,017 Posts
But you won't have a NEW heli either. And you will also need to really look at a complete NEW tail assembly with bigger motor that is part of a B/L . So if you buy a USED B/L you are going to pay much less. So compare apples to apples and you are going to be pretty well in the ball park I think. Good luck !
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,119 Posts
If you make a BL using BL electronics, do not use the board or tail motor - they suck big time. Get a HP03T 8000Kv, XP-7A BLHeli (available from MegasMicros.com) and a XP-12A BLHeli (also available from MegasMicros) then you need a couple 2s 300-500mAh LiPo. And a mCPX V1 main board (NOT V2) you can get the board on eBay.

More than that, I recommend getting a used mCPX V1 converted to brushless with a HP06V2 or HP08. It will fly worlds better, the mCPX BL doesn't fly very well. You can look on the classifieds for RCGroups and HeliFreak, they well pretty cheap.
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Why is the V1 better than the V2 again? I can't remember. Is it the gyro?
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
Gaui X3, Nano CPX (two)
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,119 Posts
yep the V2 is not tolerant of vibes like the V1 is
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Today, 12:26 AM
Solo Pro II, mCPX V2
Slovakia
Joined Jul 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
If you make a BL using BL electronics, do not use the board or tail motor - they suck big time. Get a HP03T 8000Kv, XP-7A BLHeli (available from MegasMicros.com) and a XP-12A BLHeli (also available from MegasMicros) then you need a couple 2s 300-500mAh LiPo. And a mCPX V1 main board (NOT V2) you can get the board on eBay.

More than that, I recommend getting a used mCPX V1 converted to brushless with a HP06V2 or HP08. It will fly worlds better, the mCPX BL doesn't fly very well. You can look on the classifieds for RCGroups and HeliFreak, they well pretty cheap.
so if i understand it correctly it is better to mod v1 board than put bl board ?
but still i need some soldering done, don't i. cause on v1 board i need to put some controller to control bl motor (XP-7A BLHeli).
and what is difference between xp-7a and xp-12a ? except in output current ?
and my other question, does this circuit use 3.7v or as BL board 7.4v ?

btw i have v2 board on my mCP x, so i guess that is lost
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Just fyi, you'll also find a lot of mcpx v1 &v2 bl modding information over at HeliFreak. They have a whole forum section devoted to the topic:

http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=270
RCG Plus Member