HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:48 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,771 Posts
New Product
Dualsky Hornet Entry Quad, Box to Flight in 30 mins!

Hello,
I am posting about our new Dualsky Hornet 460 Quad. This is a great step up form the toys, like Sq1, for some fun LOS flying and entry level FPV. As a RC pilot I am good on planes, but can only hover a heli, and never flown a quad, even the toys. All the videos I took, still waiting to get a pro!

We got these in about 2 weeks ago and I could not wait to built it! The box says 30 minutes guarantee, and I was optimistic! It actually took us about 40 minutes, with some picture taking breaks! The Quad comes with 4 Dualsky 2830 830Kv motors, 4 XC22 LTE ESC's, and red and white LEDS pre-installed. A Flight controller is included as well. We did not have to set any settings on the FC!

I have about 10 flights on this with a Mad Dog 2200 11.1V battery. I am getting 10 minutes if hovering and 8 minute of zooming around the front yard. The current draw at 1/2 throttle (hover throttle) is 16A and full throttle about 25A static. This is with 9x4.7 SF props. The FC has a built in Dual rate, but all you need to fly is a 4 channel transmitter.

I was getting better so I got a go pro and mounted it on it. The quad weighs 2.5 lbs and I till get 7 minute of flight time. I have some videos and included links below. Working on FPV setup for it, and hope to have the required license and equipement in January.

For more information visit, www.2dogrc.com or our YouTube channel.

Mark
2dogrc

This is my first GoPro video
Go Pro Mounted on Dualsky Hornet First Flight! (1 min 17 sec)

This is a flight at Dusk. Listen and you can hear by neighbor asking if that is a UFO!
First Dualsky Hornet Night Flight, 2dogrc (0 min 44 sec)

This is a build video from the Australian Dealer
Dualsky Hornet 460 Quadcopter Assembly Manual (16 min 59 sec)
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:49 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,771 Posts
My first FPV flight with the hornet!

Dualsky Hornet Flown FPV by 2dogrc (1 min 49 sec)
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV