Closed Account
Joined Oct 2012
20 Posts
Discussion
The HK Bixler vs HK AXN Floater Jet

Hello!

--closed--
Fltoig is offline Find More Posts by Fltoig
Last edited by Fltoig; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:23 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltoig View Post
Here we talk about both the Bixler and the AXN Floater Jet. The Good things and the bad, and compare them if possible
There's a guy at my field that has both. I can't really compare them, since I've only flown the Bixler and his AXN Floater was... errr... less than pristine when I first met him.

I can say this, though:
1) The Floater will still fly after catastrophic damage, given sufficient application of tape and epoxy.
2) The Floater will still fly with the tail offset by 10 degrees, given enough trim.
3) The Bixler flies beautifully, very docile, yet is also mildly aerobatic -- I've looped it several times with no problem. My student too, though his loops weren't intentional.
4) I don't know how sturdy the Bixler is; there's at least four at the field but I've never seen one crash.

In between the two, if money is no object, get the Bixler. It's bigger, easier to see, and less affected by wind. The maiden below was done in 20kph winds.

Maiden Flight of Arnold's Bixler - September 30th, 2012 (4 min 51 sec)
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
Closed Thread