HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2014, 01:02 AM
Heidelberg
Joined Oct 2009
379 Posts
Thanks guys!

The air was completely still at that time (it was about 10 pm). Some hours before that flight we were on an rc-airfield with nice thermals, but I had no chance to fly the H-I. The covering of the aerotow machine had problems with the temperature and the owner decided to better not tow Anyway, I had a great flight with the Scheewittchen including thermalling together with a milan (kite). Koen Van de Kerckove was so kind to shoot a video:

Horten inspired models by Andrés Chavarria (3 min 39 sec)

We also flew his Dragon Wing, but had problems with a thermally deformed wingtip:
DragonWing first prototype flies again (1 min 24 sec)

BTW the Dragon Wing is derived from the Horten Xc.

The summer is in its begennings and I hope to get thermals with the H-I next time

Cheers,
Andrés

p.s. I'm setting up a four piece webinar on the talks presented in the meeting: Opening and oringinal footage by Jörg Schaden, History of Bonn-Hangelar in relation to the Horten Borthers by Hartmut Küper, Dragon Wing by Koen Van de Kerckhove and Schneewittchen by your most humble and obedient servant.
andrecillo76 is offline Find More Posts by andrecillo76
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:36 AM
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
2,826 Posts
Great videos. Glad to see so many Horten designs at the meeting. Looks like the milan found a new friend. You know that you are doing something right when the birds come over to fly with you.

I some times had trouble initiating a turn with my H Xc when flying very slowly. IIRC, elevon deflections of 15 - 20 degrees were regularly needed. Then it turned immediately.
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SW-7 Final flaps