959 Posts
But hopefully better
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:38 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,622 Posts
I was waiting the V939, but ended up ordering a Mini Pet when it went on special for $37 RTF. I will wait for the reviews and can always get a BNF if I have batteries that will work (I don't need yet another battery type!) since I have 2 9x radios.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Jameschen,

I'd rank them by categories of -
1) fly ability, how well does it fly? Hover hands off? Things like that. For me the U816 is not very flyable as the throttle is always up and down even if stick is held steady, so fly ability would get a low score.
2) Durability
3) Appearance
4) Stunt mode capability
5) Open or common protocol to other transmitters?

Probably the Walkera Ladybird original with the 2402 transmitter should be the standard the others are judged to.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,237 Posts
This forum is really killing me! aaaaagggggghhhhh

I'm really wanting to get one of these for my birthday in about a week, however I don't have the ability to go and purchase multiple ones or just buy another one every week.

It seems like every single day when I look through this thread another model has popped up. It's crazy. How are we supposed to keep up with all of these things.

I'm really leaning towards the v2 ladybird since it's a walkera and I like the thought of the small size for flying around in doors a little bit, however there just isn't any real information or reviews on it yet.

I'm really struggling on which of the 387 models available to choose from. I do like the thought of having led's though. Is that possible without crazy modification on the ladybird?

I guess I will just have to wait patiently to see some real comparisons begin to show up.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:26 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
It seems like every single day when I look through this thread another model has popped up. It's crazy. How are we supposed to keep up with all of these things.
That's why i'm sticking to V929 at this moment and patiently waiting for V939.

I trust WL Toys so much, that i don't even want to try out other smaller quads.

After i read Hoten-X reviews i'm also sure it isn't exactly what i want.

My next step will be something similar to this:

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2012/05/01/qav500/

Geared with CC3D OpenPilot board (which i plan to obtain first).

I'm also holding off the trigger for transmitter, because of new products showing off.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
quad chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Just received the MJX X100 for a somewhat in-depth review...what aspects do you guys want to know most about these quads? I'm thinking of making a chart that could allow us to objectively compare the performance/value/quality of these quadcopters. (Like those found on car reviews)... please let me know what you guys would like to know about this and all subsequent quads! Thanks=]
Hi James,

Great idea, I was thinking about exactly the same thing!
I would add:
- price, content of the box (# LiPo, spares,...),
- really available mode(s) ,
- 3 axis / 6 axis,
- weight, flying time,
- TX quality (LCD or not...)
- available spare parts and price
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:32 PM
Joined Feb 2007
531 Posts
Know what you mean, the LBv2 is probably a safe bet, I bet on the UDI U816 and I think lost. Early adopter (not usually) but figured they were all about the same. Let's hope they are not.

Anyway I'll use it for LB parts or get a different board to retrofit it. But the small size is nice for indoors, the direct drive is nice for having less parts that wear out. They are quick, and sound cool too.

The U816 is almost there, you can get it to hover for a while but there is something not programmed right with it.

I'm thinking about getting the V929 receiver right away so I don't have to wait for V939 or LB2 to get more available and have some reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I'm really leaning towards the v2 ladybird since it's a walkera and I like the thought of the small size for flying around in doors a little bit, however there just isn't any real information or reviews on it yet.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Jameschen,

1) fly ability, how well does it fly? Hover hands off? Things like that. For me the U816 is not very flyable as the throttle is always up and down even if stick is held steady, so fly ability would get a low score.
Then I was more lucky with the SH 6043, on this throttle is relative precise, is the elevator and aileron stick that is not so precise, but it can be flown still fine due to the good autolevel and autostability

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Here is the comparison video with HobbyKing PNP ... much more stable, mainly due to a much better radio TX ... but still I can't make loops, since I use autolevel function on the control board ... no autolevel ... is a bit challenge to control for me ...

http://youtu.be/qlYcSWrhIhY
Hey, cool you got a HK pnp Quad! How do you like her? I'd get one if we could make the frame more bulletproof... I saw one on youtube with a KK2 board doing nice Acro.
It is pretty neat to have a few different quads... and see that they all have their own flight characteristics eh?

Holy Moley.... that stand of trees that you do a walkabout to.... looks extremely familiar! I seem to recall a CB100 or two doing the same journey!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Hey, cool you got a HK pnp Quad! How do you like her? I'd get one if we could make the frame more bulletproof... I saw one on youtube with a KK2 board doing nice Acro.
It is pretty neat to have a few different quads... and see that they all have their own flight characteristics eh?

Holy Moley.... that stand of trees that you do a walkabout to.... looks extremely familiar! I seem to recall a CB100 or two doing the same journey!
Just after my post work, post travel 4h by car ... and post final relax with my micro bug SH 6043 ... done some relaxing loops indoor ... easy ... no one crash

Yes throttle control is good ... stability of the sh 6043, perfect after few trim at fly start

Back to the HK PNP ... it is on a different league ... it has brushless motor, and I'm using a KK2.0 board ... but for indoor I prefer the sh 6043, as well, the sh is much more relaxing ... no stress in case of crash

The PNP microQuad is quite durable, but propeller can get broken easy in a minor crash

I may make the HK microQuad flyable from my phone ... I know how, and I believe I have the HW and SW skills and all needed equipment

As well, the sh 6043 could be also hacked for get a better TX ... but ... I think I will stay with stock TX

Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: cb100 ???
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,176 Posts
The U 816 is harder to fly than V929 and sure its not a Ladtbird. The L/B V2 costs twice as much and V-1 more than three times as much so give it a break. The least it will do is make you a better flyer. After I fly U 816 the V929 is like slow motion flying. I find this mini quad quite fun and little more of challange.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Jameschen,

I'm afraid the MJX-X100 has exactly the same problem... can't stop to go up and down without any input on the throotle stick... may be they are the same quad with two different brands...
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:33 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Thanks for the comments, I will try to integrate those opinions into my review! Stay tuned =]
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:55 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Here is my LB with plug and play leds.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___FP View Post
I'm afraid the MJX-X100 has exactly the same problem... can't stop to go up and down without any input on the throotle stick... may be they are the same quad with two different brands...
Never say never ...

I will post a video of my hands free hovering SH 6043

Tchuss

e_lm_70