SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,621 Posts
Quote:
Very nice, Ming

Are the Landing lites and fixed flaps options on new B777 PNP's?

=Gary
Hi Gary

By the size of this 777, we are not able to put flap and retract on this project.

Ming
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post

Regarding NitroPlanes......I've bought quite a few planes from them...never had a problem!
So far my first experience with Nitro Planes is not going so smooth. Called on Monday. Took over 1/2 hour to get hold of someone. Phones were busy. Told them I wanted to order a plane for Xmas. Was told that they ship to Hawaii by priority mail and should be here in time. Since I was paying by Paypal went and placed an order as soon as I got off the phone. Didn't hear anything from them until 2:15 pm my time. today. That would be 45 minutes before they close for the day. Got an email saying the shipping cost would be $80.00 more because of it being over sized. Total of $113.00 for shipping by USPS. Think I could have it shipped by UPS or FedEx 2nd day air for that price. Replied to them that I would pay the extra cost. Whatevers Price we pay for living in the middle of the Pacific! No response yet. So I know the plane will never make it her by Xmas now. Deciding whether to just cancel the whole thing or just wait it out. Plane looks pretty cool and fun. Bummers!
Hawaiian
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
. So I know the plane will never make it her by Xmas now. Deciding whether to just cancel the whole thing or just wait it out. Plane looks pretty cool and fun. Bummers!
Hawaiian
It will probably ship Wed....Priority Mail Pkg should only take 3 or 4 days, same as 1st Class Letter
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,653 Posts
Got my 777 yesterday! Arrived in perfect condition Thanks, Ming! Another FedEx 777 will take to the sky, very soon. This one will be 90% stock.....I knocked off 10% because I'll mod some flaps (just the inboard sections)
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:38 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
It will probably ship Wed....Priority Mail Pkg should only take 3 or 4 days, same as 1st Class Letter
Got another email from them. Sent my payment. Kind of my fault for waiting till the last minute. Hhope it makes it!
Winds still blowing strong here. Supposed to die down this weekend hopefully.
hope to get a couple more flights in on my 777 and maybe finally get the nerve up to maiden one of my 737's before the year ends. Dont want to try a maiden flight in 2013. Kind of superstitious.
What's your 777 going to be? keep us posted.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Feb 2009
1,653 Posts
Quote:
What's your 777 going to be? keep us posted.
Another FedEx bird, like yours.
Do you have any photos of your battery placement?? Looks like the battery strap placement in its "stock" location will be of little value

What size (3300, or ????) are you using?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Looks like the flaps, do actually give that extra bit of lift, to get her in the air from grass.

With no bad habits in flight, looking at the video.

Worth a go, and costs nothing to do.

Might just put the fun into this model for us that dont have hard runways.
AMARC is offline Find More Posts by AMARC
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:31 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
Bama
I flew my first flights with a Turnigy 3S 3300 pack. Needed to carve out some foam from the front of the fuse to get the battery to slide foward to get the CG at the point Ming stated. I have 2 Turnigy 3S 3000 packs that I'm going to try using next flights. I'll take some pics of the battery placement first chance I get. It's 3:30 in the morning right now.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,621 Posts
For 3300mAh battery, the battery position is same as mine.
Thanks for your information Hawaiian Flyin!

Ming Lou
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
No problem . Glad to help. Winds look like may die down enough tomorrow. so I'm going flying!!!!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,653 Posts
Quote:
No problem . Glad to help. Winds look like may die down enough tomorrow. so I'm going flying!!!!!!!
Thanks for the photos and info. My batteries are 3800 and 3300......so I'll be doing something similar

Good Luck flying!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
385 Posts
Boeing 777-200 Reg G-MML made its first successful B1 flight today after several previous unsuccessful take off attempt's.
Flying into a strong cross wind, on it's third attempted take off today it to took to the air and had a successful flight, the pilot remarked after landing (quote) once it was in the air it was a piece of cake to fly

I believe it could have taken off first attempt if it could have gone straight into the wind and used all the run way, I used about 2/3 from L to R of the run way, wind was coming in 70*-90* to the strip, I am using the 5 blade 70mm edf's and 3200kv motors left over from my a320, it draws 34amps and 510wts in the nacelles with a 3300 30-40c 4s battery, I am now going to add flaps, that should help a lot with take off

Now I have flown it I am happy, after looking at the previous video's I thought it may have been a little tail heavy, also I may have been to aggressive with the elevator and another pilot may have had a successful take off, so I moved the battery forward about 1/4'' or so, pulled back the elevator to 80% also opened up the inlet and exit on the nacelles a bit more to match the over sized edf, I did not get a video of it flying though it was on, I must have moved the camera during the 3-4 times of on and off, just got a video of the sky

Mike
limodune is offline Find More Posts by limodune
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
325 Posts
Congrats on the successful maiden. Looking like my planned flights for tomorrow may be scrubbed. Winds not backing down and constant rain. Darn!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,621 Posts
Last few days of free shipping:
www.windrider.com.hk

Ming Lou
Site Sponsor