HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2014, 07:58 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin_Flyer View Post
I need a replacement ignition unit for mine, who has the best price for one? Is there a better unit i should go with?

Thanks,
Bill S.
Like Bert stated you can get a RCexl ignition unit to replace it with. The ones with the 1/4x32 small spark plug cap would work OK with the engine.

You could go with a CH-Ignitions unit which would be the best to get, but it is more expensive though.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Gaui X3's
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:00 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG3D View Post
Hi Guys, new here to RCG. I was reading through the thread but to be honest, I'm pretty lost. To have a better idea, I'm planning to buy a Paulistinha P56 40-50 size from TWM and wanted to put this engine. Compared it to the O.S. 56 FS. The only down side is that the O.S. is more expensive and nitro is more expensive. But the O.S. is lighter and more powerful.

So, are there actually people happy with this engine and have no problems? Any tips on running this engine?
*Tuning is not a problem for me. Thanks in advance
The NGH 9cc gas engine would work fine with the Paulistinha P56 airp;lane model. The engine isn't as powerful as other engines, but it would work Ok with the plane. A Evolution 10cc gas engine would be a more powerful alternative too, but it may be too powerful though. It sort of depends on your flying style too. But in anycase the NGH 9cc gas engine would work OK.\

But if you are a beginner with RC flying and don't have experience in using and running model airplane engines, you may be better served going with a 2 cycle glow engine at first though.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Sep 14, 2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: add more info
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:03 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,328 Posts
Rcxp is the latest and greatest ign. module. Basically an updated Rcexl, but smaller, and cheaper. I'm not sure if it's available with a 1/4x32 cap though? A call or an email should answer that question though. There's also an excellent warranty on anything he sells.

http://www.rcextremepower.net/ignitions.html
ahicks is offline Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:45 AM
Joined Sep 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the pope View Post
Hi there , have you considered norvels 40 size gasser ? Pretty messy but a good engine . No ignition etc to consider and pretty good in regards to power . Cheers the pope
Not yet. I came across this NGH engine on HobbyKing at the same time as looking into buying a new plane. So did a bit of research and stumbled on this thread. If all else fails, I'm going with the O.S. 56 FS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
The NGH 9cc gas engine would work fine with the Paulistinha P56 airp;lane model. The engine isn't as powerful as other engines, but it would work Ok with the plane. A Evolution 10cc gas engine would be a more powerful alternative too, but it may be too powerful though. It sort of depends on your flying style too. But in anycase the NGH 9cc gas engine would work OK.\

But if you are a beginner with RC flying and don't have experience in using and running model airplane engines, you may be better served going with a 2 cycle glow engine at first though.
The plane does not need to be overpowered but hoping to have enough for vertical climb. I figured the 9cc would be too heavy (with a 4.8 to complete the setup). I do like power, but was planning on getting this plane to have a relaxing plane to fly.

Not a beginner in RC flying. But as mentioned above, if it will just cause me problems in the future, I might as well stick with the O.S. 56 FS.
GG3D is offline Find More Posts by GG3D
Old Sep 15, 2014, 04:01 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG3D View Post
Not a beginner in RC flying. But as mentioned above, if it will just cause me problems in the future, I might as well stick with the O.S. 56 FS.
If your gonna pop the wallet for the OS .56 you might want to consider the Saito FG-11 gas four stroke. Its a bit more money but you'll get the fuel savings of using gasoline. Otherwise the Evolution 10 is also a good option.

The Evo 15 and 20 just got revamped with a new pumper carb so it'll be interesting to see if the 10 does as well.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc