HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2010, 03:40 PM
Joined Nov 2008
39 Posts
Discussion
Complete newbie in need of assistance. - Screwed the firmware??

Hi,

Complete newbie to Eagle tree systems. I've just purchased a system from someone who in turn had purchased it in the US a while ago, but never used.

Its a "seagull wireless dashbord flight system" Pro Version (SEA-PRO-900).

Thinking I'd be clever, I downloaded the latest software from the eagletree website, started it up, and then connected the USB to the computer (windows 7).
I then connected it FDR. The driver was recognised, but it said something about the wrong version of software and to download 6.93.

I duly did that. I then repeated the software startup / connect sequence.
It said to update the software and to not switch off. It duly did that and then shut down the software as it had advised.

I disconnected USB cable. Restarted the software and then connected the USB cable to the FDR.

All I get now is "unrecongised device" and can't get any further into the software.
Oh and the light on the unit comes on, but doesn't blink at all.

If anyone can offer any assistance, I'd be very grateful.

Have I screwed things? Is there anything I can do to "reset". Is it a returns situation?

Thanks in advance

Simon
webglider2008 is offline Find More Posts by webglider2008
Last edited by webglider2008; Aug 08, 2010 at 03:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2010, 04:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
39 Posts
For your information, I've just tried installing the supplied software from the CD on a different XP machine, and I still get "unrecognised device"....

Looks like I've made a big mistake???

CD has Data Recorder v3. Verion 5.66 on it... don't know whether this helps?
Last edited by webglider2008; Aug 08, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:10 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi Simon, the system you have is a fairly early unit (maybe back to 2005?).

What I think has happened is that you encountered a rare issue where very old firmware can become corrupt when updated with our more recent software. Unfortunately, the only solution is to get the unit back here for a firmware update. Sorry for the bad news. If you want to send it in to us, just open a web ticket at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:35 AM
Joined Nov 2008
39 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Following a VERY helpful conversation Keith at Rc-log (uk distributor), I've organised to return it to them initially.

Let's see what happens.

Hopefully I can get it sorted without too much issue.

I'll update as things progress