HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:18 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
Question
Pilot Cutter or Fifie built on commission?

Hi there everyone,

I've never posted here before, but have been much entertained by some of the fantastic build logs of some amazing boats on this forum. I'm very impressed!

I'm posting because I'm interested to investigate the possibility of commissioning an experienced model builder to build a model boat. I'd be most interested in a pilot cutter, or fifie (scottish fishing boat). Examples of both are attached below.

I've never done anything like this before, but I figured that this forum would be a good place to start and see if this is commonly done, what the process is like, etc. I.e. is this a good idea or a bad idea?!

Thanks very much!

--Porter
PorterB is offline Find More Posts by PorterB
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:02 PM
Vienna/Austria
Joined Jan 2009
1,111 Posts
Hi there - and wellcome!

What size would you like it to be?
And - radio controlled or static?

Ernst
disabled is offline Find More Posts by disabled
Old Oct 28, 2014, 03:35 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
Hi! Sorry for the long delay, lost power and internet over the weekend due to a wind storm.

Size-wise, I'd like something in the neighborhood of 3' to 4'. Definitely radio-controlled and fully functional!
PorterB is offline Find More Posts by PorterB