SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2014, 01:47 AM
Canada, BC, Castlegar
Joined May 2014
208 Posts
Help!
QRX350 Aileron / Rudder Mixing ?

Gentlemen :

Please feel free to submit any ideas for setting up a Devo7 FPV radio and Walkera QRX350 for the aileron / rudder mix .

I am still kinda new at the quadcopter stuff but have flown over 35 years with airplanes . The goal I am after is to set up a more co-ordinated turn with the quad as I am having thumb problems doing it with the rudder stick . I would love to see something with the rudder mix number being substantially higher than the aileron number .

All efforts so far have only resulted in seeing the aileron mix number at +- 100 with the rudder number at +-75 . It doesn't seem to be a straight up ratio and the expected results seen in the monitor function are kinda screwy at times . If there were only a rudder / aileron mix function !

THIS is going to sound stupid but .......................

What if a guy physically swaps the aileron and rudder RX outputs ? This would allow for the better numbers and would make the bird handle like a 3 channel airplane set-up . (Plugging in the rudder servo into the aileron channel )

I dunno . Is this too crazy of an idea ?

Thanx for supporting my blog .

RickC_RCAV8R
RickC_RCAV8R is offline Find More Posts by RickC_RCAV8R
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:52 PM
United States, NY, Bronx County
Joined Nov 2008
191 Posts
Swapping Rudder and Aileron channel on Quad Copter

I was thinking of the same thing about the mixing of rudder and aileron I think that coming from fix wing flying that we have fix wing flying habits. Rotor head flying is a different thing all to get there and the more I fly the quad the better I get in both rotor and fix wing . I still at time I push the the throttle to go forward from a stand still and end up going up but a get use to it. LOL. Not a bad Idea to swap the rudder and aileron channel around when flying FPV and normal mode when line of flight flying. I will program a mix tonight. Thanks for the Idea.
Serafin is offline Find More Posts by Serafin