HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 02:19 PM
Whoa……it flies
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined Feb 2007
187 Posts
Thanks ztoon13, My sloping Old Fogey is made from heavy Quill Foamboard, about twice the weight of depron and Readi board. Hence the holes.
anewton is offline Find More Posts by anewton
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,912 Posts
I just started on my Versa Wing

I'm planning on using it for FPV with a Hi Max 850 KV motor and a 11 X 4.7 prop. By adding the "blunt nose" section it really frees up space for the gear,and the prop clearance! I went ahead and built the wings without installing the servo's. I want to make a couple of "barn door" covers/or hatch doors for them and mount them in foam blocks,so I can get to them if needed for repairs,or replacement. RD
Ron_Dog is online now Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Ron_Dog; Yesterday at 05:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewton View Post
Thanks ztoon13, My sloping Old Fogey is made from heavy Quill Foamboard, about twice the weight of depron and Readi board. Hence the holes.
Some guys would call that a SWISS Fogey .....
balsa or carbon is online now Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Today, 01:52 AM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Oct 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newTOpro View Post
Well since my fear was correct, my other thought is to mount a receiver in the air frame and just use a servo extension to plug in the ESC. This would still allow the pod to switch frames. All that's needed then is to plug in the ESC each time rather than all the servos saving on the cost of duplicate power plants.

I'll have a few Flite Test planes in my fleet. The Bloody Wonder, the Dusty, a Flyer and I'm really liking the Mig3 "nerdnic" created. Other than that I'm going to hopefully complete a few balsa builds this winter.
I didn't bother digging through the rest of the topic, but I figured I would give my solution on this subtopic. This may be a duplicate idea, but it was the best I came up with on my own.

I soldered a "bind switch" to connect to my receiver so that when I switch airframes, I simply flip the switch to close the circuit, bind the respective airframe, and then flip the switch off. I just hot-glued the switch to the receiver so that it doesn't move around.

It could easily be moved to the rear of the powerpod, allowing easy access after the pod has been attached.

I hope this helps!
dale3h is offline Find More Posts by dale3h