HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:28 PM
Joined May 2014
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr View Post
Finished the BF-109. Impressed with the kit except for the awful fit between the wing and fuse. Had to fill the huge gaps with glue.

bob
How does it fly? Quality on most of my Techone planes has been very good, but my Extra 330 had a huge wing gap also. The gap was so large I had to cut strips of foam to fill it in before adding glue. Good luck with the BF-109, should be a good flyer....
Paleomanjim is online now Find More Posts by Paleomanjim
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2014, 08:03 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,324 Posts
Wing gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleomanjim View Post
How does it fly? Quality on most of my Techone planes has been very good, but my Extra 330 had a huge wing gap also. The gap was so large I had to cut strips of foam to fill it in before adding glue. Good luck with the BF-109, should be a good flyer....
Rather than put extra foam in the gaps on my TechOne Extra 330, I pinned the wing in place with long toothpicks, 4 of them along the top of the fuselage, thru the wing. By pressing down and holding it with the glue, contact cement, it held together very well. But epoxy probably would have been better.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2014, 09:56 AM
San Jose, Ca.
Joined Jan 2005
1,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleomanjim View Post
Coming from a TH Laser Foamie, it was a handful. It was out of trim and CG and I had trouble. Our local guru trimmed it and moved the battery up but I was too shook from 3 hard landings to try again that day. My friend has the P-51 and says his just floats out of his land when he launches. Is the BF-109 a lot harder to fly than the P-51?

bob
steelgtr is offline Find More Posts by steelgtr
Old Oct 01, 2014, 04:30 PM
Phillip
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Feb 2013
39 Posts
Another fun day in the park with me Tech-One Pop-Wing.

Proximity Flying the Pop-Wing (4 min 10 sec)
mpvessier is offline Find More Posts by mpvessier
Old Nov 08, 2014, 06:36 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
313 Posts
Ahoy! Anyone know where I can buy a stock replacement esc for my stock 900 Nitroplanes popwing? The esc says... Techonehobby Advance 20. Thanks, Capt'n Ron
mycaptain is online now Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Nov 08, 2014, 09:16 PM
Registered RC NUT!
United States, CA, Lomita
Joined Jun 2002
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Ahoy! Anyone know where I can buy a stock replacement esc for my stock 900 Nitroplanes popwing? The esc says... Techonehobby Advance 20. Thanks, Capt'n Ron

they don't list it as a replacement part on their website? Any 20 amp esc with will though, you just need to solder on the right battery connector.

Victor
The Snake is online now Find More Posts by The Snake
Old Nov 09, 2014, 05:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
313 Posts
Thechonehobby Advance 20 esc

Ahoy Victor! No they don't have pictured the same esc that came with the popwing. They do have 20 amp esc's but they don't look like they have the connectors on the wires. That's the problem. I have not had good luck with my soldering. I don't trust my work. Plus I'm afraid I might get the esc too hot in my attempt. I just figured I could get a replacement that just plugged in like the one that came with it. I may just have to buy one and take it to my lhs and have them solder my plugs on. Probably cost me 10 bucks. Still cheaper than the ones they have plus they would have to solder the plugs on that for me. I use turnigy nano-tech batteries. That's another issue. I have to use a connector plug XT60 to EC3. I don't use the ones with any wires between them. Found that out the hard way. Solder job came lose under the plastic cover so you couldn't see it. Crash, then find out the problem. ha ha. I've been having a drop out issue with my popwing after 2 years of fly'n her. She snapped in half the last flight. So I'm putting together a new one with all new esc, rx, and different tx in to hopes to solve the problem. Anyways, thank you for your speedy response to my problem. I'm going to add a picture of it below. Happy fly'n... Capt'n
Last edited by mycaptain; Nov 09, 2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old Nov 09, 2014, 10:33 AM
Registered RC NUT!
United States, CA, Lomita
Joined Jun 2002
365 Posts
I would call them if you wish the same esc.
The Snake is online now Find More Posts by The Snake
Old Nov 09, 2014, 12:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snake View Post
I would call them if you wish the same esc.
Ahoy! That's a good idea mate. I'll try that tomorrow (Monday) and see if they answer the phone. I see this esc comes with a motor and esc combination. But I don't need the motor I don't think. These brushless motors last forever don't they? Thank you, Capt'n Ron
Last edited by mycaptain; Nov 09, 2014 at 12:35 PM.