Originally Posted by TIRCQ View Post
Ohhh It was there...

Thank you very much
's OK, happens to me too .... Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:18 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
I have been using the #16 for sometime, i bought different kind of battery on amazon than the asian shops on ebay offer but it didnt work w/ the camera
Has anyone tried batteries other than what the shops on ebay sell with the camera?
muddy7 is offline Find More Posts by muddy7
Last edited by muddy7; Nov 19, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 01:20 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2014
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy7 View Post
I have been using the #16 for sometime, i bought different kind of battery on amazon than the asian shops on ebay offer but it didnt work for the camera
Has anyone tried batteries other than what the shops on ebay sell with the camera?
Doesn't the 808 #16's built-in battery come with some sort of protection circuit attached? Maybe that is why you can't get your (regular) battery to work...
macnoodle is offline Find More Posts by macnoodle
Old Nov 19, 2014, 02:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle View Post
Doesn't the 808 #16's built-in battery come with some sort of protection circuit attached? Maybe that is why you can't get your (regular) battery to work...
i dont know
Old Nov 19, 2014, 03:31 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,742 Posts
Post no 3 gives a link on how to power the camera with a different battery.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 19, 2014, 03:54 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2014
275 Posts
Quote:
i dont know
You can clearly see the additional circuitry in the first pic of post #11 of this thread.
macnoodle is offline Find More Posts by macnoodle
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:02 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
sorry i wasnt clear guys, i was talking about external battery no the little battery inside the camera
Old Nov 19, 2014, 09:19 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,057 Posts
Quote:
sorry i wasnt clear guys, i was talking about external battery no the little battery inside the camera
Yes, and you were told to look in post #3 which tells you about external battery - to save you the effort of reading, look at bullet number 7 in posting number 3 and follow the links about external batteries there in.
Mike
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:09 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
thx
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1020
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:16 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
i just read this page:
It is very important that you remove the reverse protection diode, if one is installed. Failing to do so will decrease the total recording time drastically to max. 68 mins.

68 mins, when i bought the camera from the chinese seller i also bought the external battery from him and I have been able to record over 2 hours with the cam so i guess it doesnt have the protection diode
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:53 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,057 Posts
Quote:
i just read this page:
It is very important that you remove the reverse protection diode, if one is installed. Failing to do so will decrease the total recording time drastically to max. 68 mins.

68 mins, when i bought the camera from the chinese seller i also bought the external battery from him and I have been able to record over 2 hours with the cam so i guess it doesnt have the protection diode
Great news -
Without the protection circuit, the RTC (time and date section of the processor chip which is never OFF ) will drain the battery down to about 0.7 volts when it is stored (say over winter).
Draining a Lipo like that is guaranteed death for the lipo.
Good for lipo sales.
Mike
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:08 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meldy View Post
ISOPROP You are a 808 profesional !!!
At first i was disconnecting battery but camera no worked. After reading your post i tried your instruction with other computer - doesnt work...i tried it second and than camera started.
When i plug the camera to the wallcharger turns it on but doesnt charge /the green ledlight is no lightining/- probably i need new battery.

The camera is NEW. I used camera cca 1 month but allways with external power /wallcharger or powerbank/.
In the future i want use the 808 camera only with external power. What do you think, is it better to buy super capacitor or new battery?

http://www.spytecinc.com/super-capac...amera-977.html

Now the problem is that the chip (marked on picture) on circuit board is very hot.
When i touch the chip the camera sound squeky /but this is no problem - only remark/.

Thanks a LOT Mr. Isoprop
Sorry for the late reply - I forgot!
You can use the capacitor but it's designed for the Mobius so you'll have to fix it externally because it's too large to fit into the #16 case.
If you record 24 hours per day using external USB power for more than a month your battery won't survive very long. At least I don't think it will. I tested this with the Mobius and all my batteries became puffed. However, if you use it normally it should not have failed already. It's your decision if you want to use a battery or a capacitor. If you permanently use external power then the capacitor is by far the best solution - but remember it won't fit into the case. If you use your #16 a lot then I would definitely buy a spare battery or two.

I checked the temperatures and the chip you circled did not become exceptionally hot. In fact, the center of the board and also the metal card cage was much warmer.
I measured the temperatures of the camera after it had recorded for at least 30 minutes with and without a battery installed, using external USB power. Results were similar. The chip in question measured about 24C (75F), the lens about 27C (80F) and the middle of the board (warmest part) about 34C (93F). My IR thermometer may not be the most accurate though. A non-scientific test is to touch the board with your lips, with the battery and external power removed. It should feel quite warm but not painful.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop