SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:06 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
New Product
HAIYIN LiPo Batteries - Official Product Launch on RC Groups

Herewin is proud to announce the launch of their HAIYIN brand of RC LiPo Battery packs on RCGroups.

Our packs come directly from our factory, they are competitively priced and offer high quality and high performance.

We invite you to visit our webstore at www.HaiyinStore.com

Herewin is one of the leading manufacturers of Lithium Polymer Batteries, with factories in Southern China comprising over 50,000 m2 of production area, 1000 employees and a daily battery capacity of over 200,000Ah.

Major R & D, Engineering and QC departments, including certifications and approvals for CE, RoHS, UN38.3 and others, means HAIYIN battery packs are fully tested to meet or exceed their published specifications prior to leaving the factory. Haiyin states “True Specs”, including pack & cell capacity, discharge “C” rates, expected life cycles, maximum current and maximum charge rates.

HAIYIN RC Lipo Pack range:
- Voltage: 7.4V-22.2V ( 2S-6S )
- Capacity: 500mAh-6000mAh
- Discharge “C” Rate: 20C-40C
- Pack Types: Regular, Hard Case, Transmitter, Flightmax, Special Sizes

Herewin is also a leading Manufacturer of High Quality, High Performance, Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer Batteries for the Electric Vehicle (EV) market.

HAIYIN EV Packs and Cells are available for;
- Electric Drag & Hybrid Formula Car Racing
- Electric Motorcycles, Scooters and Bikes ( Street and Racing )
- Electric Bike Conversion Kits
- Customized Electric Battery Solutions

For more information on HAIYIN’s RC or EV cells and packs, please email Eric at Sales@HaiyinStore.com or visit www.HaiyinStore.com

Factory Address:
No.1, Gu Liao Rd 2, Ke Yuan Cheng, Jiao Ping Road, Tangxia Town, Dongguan, Guangdong China.

HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Last edited by HAIYIN; Nov 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:49 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
Some general tests

Hi!

Haiyin Batteries' representative Eric was kind enough to send me some packs for my general opinion and some tests.

I recieved 2 packs of 3s 1000mAh and 3s 2200mAh each, and one TX battery pack.

All packs are nicely made, with shrink wrap around them and with both ends protected with additional plastic material. The balancing cables are silicon wires, and the main leads as well.
The wire lenght was perfect on the 1000mAh and the TX pack, but a little short on the 2200mAh packs. As one can see in the photos, this issue was corrected.
A nice touch of the TX pack is, that two sets of main leads are present. Some people prefer to open their TX to charge the pack directly. The 2nd set of main leads allows for a dedicated charge connector. This means that the main connector can stay connected all the time, which is a safety improvement.

Before flying, I cycled all packs 2-3 times at a low C-rate.

On all planes, I use my telemetry with capacity warning, which is set to 80% of the capacity.

The 1000mAh packs were tested in a robbe Nano-Racer, which is a small warbird. I used Turnigy Nanotec packs before.
When I used the Haiyin packs without prior warming, they performed just as well. They came out just below handwarm from a flight with continous full throttle, meaning around 15A. Everything works as advertised here.

The 2200mAh packs were used in a MPX FunJet, which pulls between 24 and 30A. It is equipped with a thrust vector system, and a powerful selfbuilt and selfwound motor, allowing for unlimited vertical flight.
Here I used the cheap Turnigy Flightmax before.
When I switched to Haiyin the next flight, I noticed an improvement immediately. Climbing and horizontal speed were both a notch faster, and the sound had a higher pitch as well. My flying buddys beside the field also noticed the better power.

My current workhorse, my new SuperSkyflex Rogallo Plane, also got a lot of flights with the new Haiyin packs. It flies stable enough to allow me to watch the telemetry data on the ground, and after around 15 cycles, both voltage and current have not degraded.
I use 2 2200mAh packs in parallel here, giving me around 20min of flight time.

I have made an aerial video of one of the flights.
As you can see, my neighbor's children like it quite a lot.

Aerial video: Haiyin LiPo Pack testflight with my SuperSkyflex rogallo plane Part 2. (20 min 31 sec)

Cheers,

Julian
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:19 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
Man they are heavy buggers 3s1p2200 is 220 grams
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
98 Posts
He ain't heavy, he's my...

Hi eckace1,

Thank you for pointing out the incorrectly posted wts of our HAIYIN 2200.3S packs.

Here are the correct wts and dimensions:

HAIYIN Pack, Wt(g), H, W, L
H2200.3S.20, 190, 26, 36, 106
H2200.3S.25, 192, 26, 36, 106
H2200.3S.30, 204, 27, 36, 106
H2200.3S.35, 196, 28, 36, 106
H2200.3S.40, 200, 28, 36, 106

We do appreciate the feedback
Thanks and Best Regards

Eric
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Last edited by HAIYIN; Nov 16, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:49 PM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,420 Posts
We also got some samples to test here at the Battery Clinic. 3S2200 30C have been through 12 cycles, mostly with AXI 2826-12 swinging 13 X 6.5 APC e-prop on my Telsmaster Electro test bed.

Here are the discharge curves mostly at partial throttle (20 amps).

Then there is a comparison of individual cell discharges at 2.2 amps after 12cycles.

Finally a plot showing cell discharge voltage at different discharge rates. Note there is very little change indicating good high rate performance.

All charges done with CellPro 4S @ 1 amp.
No sign of puffing (as I have seen on other offerings at this point).
As stated by Julez, packs are well constructed.
Packs use common balancing tap.

Glad to see another quality supplier (one that actually manufactures the cells) for our hobby uses.

Red S.
The Battery Clinic
Model Aviation Magazine
Red Scholefield is offline Find More Posts by Red Scholefield
Last edited by Red Scholefield; Nov 19, 2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: add graph
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:18 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
Red could you explain the first graph.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:05 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
"High rate performance"......Running 'em at a maximum of 4C is not worthwhile......What I want to see is the discharge curve at the 30C rate... a 2200 @ 30C = 66A... only then can we see if they hold up to their advertised rating... i.e. that they can deliver the full C-rate discharge at above 3v/cell for 90% of the rated capacity..... that's almost 2 minutes before they hit LVC.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:30 AM
Delton,Mi
Joined Jun 2009
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Hi!

Haiyin Batteries' representative Eric was kind enough to send me some packs for my general opinion and some tests.

I recieved 2 packs of 3s 1000mAh and 3s 2200mAh each, and one TX battery pack.

All packs are nicely made, with shrink wrap around them and with both ends protected with additional plastic material. The balancing cables are silicon wires, and the main leads as well.
The wire lenght was perfect on the 1000mAh and the TX pack, but a little short on the 2200mAh packs. As one can see in the photos, this issue was corrected.
A nice touch of the TX pack is, that two sets of main leads are present. Some people prefer to open their TX to charge the pack directly. The 2nd set of main leads allows for a dedicated charge connector. This means that the main connector can stay connected all the time, which is a safety improvement.

Before flying, I cycled all packs 2-3 times at a low C-rate.

On all planes, I use my telemetry with capacity warning, which is set to 80% of the capacity.

The 1000mAh packs were tested in a robbe Nano-Racer, which is a small warbird. I used Turnigy Nanotec packs before.
When I used the Haiyin packs without prior warming, they performed just as well. They came out just below handwarm from a flight with continous full throttle, meaning around 15A. Everything works as advertised here.

The 2200mAh packs were used in a MPX FunJet, which pulls between 24 and 30A. It is equipped with a thrust vector system, and a powerful selfbuilt and selfwound motor, allowing for unlimited vertical flight.
Here I used the cheap Turnigy Flightmax before.
When I switched to Haiyin the next flight, I noticed an improvement immediately. Climbing and horizontal speed were both a notch faster, and the sound had a higher pitch as well. My flying buddys beside the field also noticed the better power.

My current workhorse, my new SuperSkyflex Rogallo Plane, also got a lot of flights with the new Haiyin packs. It flies stable enough to allow me to watch the telemetry data on the ground, and after around 15 cycles, both voltage and current have not degraded.
I use 2 2200mAh packs in parallel here, giving me around 20min of flight time.

I have made an aerial video of one of the flights.
As you can see, my neighbor's children like it quite a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWH66r3Yaaw

Cheers,

Julian
What camera are you using in your plane?
Speeddaddy is offline Find More Posts by Speeddaddy
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
I ordered a couple of Haiyin packs and tested them today. Good power and they look very high quality. I also ran into a couple of snags with my order (Paypal's fault) and the support from the online store was top notch, which was a pleasant surprise. Will be ordering more to replace my worn-out Turnigy's.
cixcos is offline Find More Posts by cixcos
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcos View Post
I ordered a couple of Haiyin packs and tested them today. Good power and they look very high quality. I also ran into a couple of snags with my order (Paypal's fault) and the support from the online store was top notch, which was a pleasant surprise. Will be ordering more to replace my worn-out Turnigy's.
Could you plese show us your test graphs that would be helpful.
Mainly ones at packs c rating.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:08 PM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Red could you explain the first graph.
That was a plot of the voltage curve when running at full throttle (AXI 2826-12 13 X 6.5 APC e-prop) to ESC voltage cut off.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:09 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,359 Posts
In addition to discharge graphs, could someone post internal resistance numbers and conditions (# of cycles, charge state, pack temperature, measuring equipment)? Precious few of us here possess the ability and experience to properly interpret graphs and make meaningful comparisons with other lipoly packs.

Since internal resistance is dramatically easier for the layman to interpret and there's a nearly 1:1 relationship between internal resistance and a typical discharge graph, it's far more useful than graphs, at least in my analysis.

Having knowledge of the pedigree of the pack would be helpful as well (free pack from vendor, ordered from supplier, etc.).

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:18 PM
Joined Nov 2007
53 Posts
any chance to have 7S from them ?
meloni is offline Find More Posts by meloni
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:22 PM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
"High rate performance"......Running 'em at a maximum of 4C is not worthwhile......What I want to see is the discharge curve at the 30C rate... a 2200 @ 30C = 66A... only then can we see if they hold up to their advertised rating... i.e. that they can deliver the full C-rate discharge at above 3v/cell for 90% of the rated capacity..... that's almost 2 minutes before they hit LVC.
4C is the maximum I could run with the CBA III. The difference in mid point voltage from C/5 (440 mA) and the mid point at 4C will allow you to calcualte (V1 - V2)/(I2 - I1) the internal impedance and then get a pretty good indication of capacity delivered to cutoff at the 30C rate.

What you want to see is the 30C discharge. I don't have the equipment to provide that kind of a load. I don't think many would run 2200 mAH pack at 66 amps in the first place.

Better than this I would like to see any manufacture or provider of LiPo packs show THEIR test data supporting 20C/30C/40C or 50C claims along with the service longevity when discharged at these rates.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 02:51 PM
AMA 951 since 1958
USA, FL, Newberry
Joined Nov 2000
1,420 Posts
Haiyin 3S2200 Discharge data

Here is another run on the Haiyin 3S2200 30C pack (after 13 cycles). Hopefully these will be a bit more meaningful to the e-modeler. Nominal load 300 watts, 2.050 Ah delivered at this rate.

Pack only slightly warm.
Last edited by Red Scholefield; Nov 20, 2011 at 02:59 PM.