HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Indoors the 270a is joy to fly. Spot landings are very possible and it flys like a real heli. My foward speed isn't as good as I want and will add a tiny bit more weight to nose but I'm usng 180ma nano-tech batteries. Winter will be here very soon if not allready so get a few good indoord birds to keep you happy. S/P 270A and Ladybird V1 or V2. Clones are ok but these two are worth a little extra.

SoloProFan will J6pro work with 270? [J4]
yes it will - I used the J6 (from my SP100) to fly the SP270
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:04 AM
Übernewbie eager to learn
Sweden, Skåne County, Malmö
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
270 + Devo 8 with Deviation

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
yes it will - I used the J6 (from my SP100) to fly the SP270
I just want to add that the Devo 8S with Deviation FW works beautifully with the SP270. It adds substantially more servo throw (at least compared to my J4 tx).

http://www.deviationtx.com
Masen72 is offline Find More Posts by Masen72
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:16 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,268 Posts
I'll add this info to the FAQ thread. Nice way for Devo owners to get more out of their 270.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,145 Posts
My 270a is dialed in pretty good now and noticed L/G was broken at front. Easy repair and put small weight in nose. Reason I use nano-tech 180ma batteries that are longer and foward speed was lacking. This helped quite a bit. Extra weight has no affect at all. Bird is very good in ground affect. It is slow but a pleasure to fly. Again my issue with Solo-pro are low quality of langing gear. I have a dozen other micos and not one has needed to replace l/g. Plastic is brittle
and poorly designed. That said my 270a/ 260a fly well.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Erdnuckel
Your saying you can use theJ-6 to fly the SP 270. How do you go about setting up the J-6 to do that ??
FlyBiNight is offline Find More Posts by FlyBiNight
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBiNight View Post
Erdnuckel
Your saying you can use theJ-6 to fly the SP 270. How do you go about setting up the J-6 to do that ??
Mine is the J6 that came with the SP100 (in other words the "older" model that does NOT have multi model memory)
And I am not really setting up anything (the only reason I do this is because I HATE those stupid little (literally!) toy POS TX's which have NO resolution, totally crappy gymbals and are completely unsuitable for my size hands.

The only thing I do is that I put the battery in the 270, switch the J6 on in bind mode, switch it off after several seconds and then on again and usually the SP270 is bound.

(so - in yet again other words - even though I COULD probably do a lot in terms of settings for the 270 on this TX, I DONT do it ... I just fly it right the way it is. Maybe if I would seriously TRY to set it up specifically for the 270 it would get more interesting ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,145 Posts
With my 270 and J4 TX all is well. It is slow but qiute flyable and great spot landings. It doesn't skid all over the place and just a nice bird. If you want to rock and roll get a Walkrea Super F/P and boggie. S/P 260 is fine also and much quicker than 270A. All give you a nice flying little heli. Need more speed / abilty then get a C/P and lots of $$$$.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
Yea i have 3 S/P260s already an love the way they fly. My 270 is fun to fly as it is. I was only wondering if useing the J-6 would inprove flight. I think the 270 is a nice Bird an fly's well.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:38 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBiNight View Post
Yea i have 3 S/P260s already an love the way they fly. My 270 is fun to fly as it is. I was only wondering if useing the J-6 would inprove flight. I think the 270 is a nice Bird an fly's well.
I like to fly my 270a just to relax and fly it all over. I have it trimed and it flys nice. My 260a is smooth and some what quicker but a delite to fly. If you enjoy flying 4ch mico F/P these two are top notch flyers. I have S/P 100D but thats for later. The S/P 328 is just a bigger 260a.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined May 2012
10 Posts
The same here, I picked up the 100 when they first came out. Butt just not ready for the 6ch. yet.I got my 260a's to learn 4ch. so that i would quit beating up my Honey Bee FP V2... an so far its worked When i read about useing the J6 i started thinking, Hell i have a brand new one just sitting. So im going to give it a try, see how i like it.
nice talking with ya.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:46 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Just got my 270a yesterday and gave it a quick test flight. I was hoping it would have more servo throw, but I guess it's an older version. Compared to a v911 it's way too tame for my liking. I see you can swap to a 260 or v911 rx setup. Are those the 2 main options, or would a 9x tx allow for more throw?
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:40 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Hi blazin_jason,
I have the 9x tx with er9x running. I use it to fly the v911 and also to fly the NE models by using a tx module made by another forum member.
I have a stock v911: it flies ok but compared to the 260 or 270 it has a lot of pendulum effect which I dislike also it's quite loud.
A stock 270 flies beautifully but is just to tame. There is little you can do on the tx that can change that as far as I know.
By far my favorite setup is a SP 270 frame and head setup with a v911 rx board. I also have a 270 with a 260 rx board which is very very good as well.
FFF is substantially better and it makes the heli far more capable to fly outside.
rcstringfellow is offline Find More Posts by rcstringfellow
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:44 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Ok thanks for the info, looks like I will do a board swap. What are the big differences between going with a 260 or v911 board?
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:33 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Several:
v911 board is heavier, uses servo arms, you need to adjust the length of the swash connecting rods, needs to be "clipped/sanded" at the upper corners to accomodate the canopies of NE, requires soldering of the tail, main and battery contacts. It does bind to the stock v911 transmitter though.

SP 260 board is lighter, plug and play, linear servo's and binds with NE transmitters.

In my case I had to put a custom module into the 9x to bind to the 260 rx board.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Forgot one: the 260 board equals a less twitchy tail.
To fix the twitchy tail with de v911 board you have several options:
Do the so called resistor mod if you have an older v911 tx.
Or program the 9x with er9x and dail down the proportional on the yaw (at least I think it is called yaw when you refer to the heli's clockwise or counterclockwise movements)
RCG Plus Member