HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Help!
Mode 1 and 2 - Futaba 7c

Does anyone know the difference between "mode 1" and "mode 2" on Futaba 7c 2.4ghz and if you can change between them?
Lehn is offline Find More Posts by Lehn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:12 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,985 Posts
Mode 2 is the most common in the US and has throttle and rudder on the left stick and aileron and elevator on the right stick.

Mode 1:Stick controls are:
left stick operates elevator & rudder, right stick operates throttle & ailerons.

Mode 3: Stick controls are:
left stick operates elevator & ailerons, right stick operates throttle & rudder.

Mode 4: Stick controls are:
left stick operates throttle & ailerons, right stick operates elevator & rudder

Futaba 7C FAQ

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Ty Azarr
Lehn is offline Find More Posts by Lehn
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:29 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
672 Posts
Mode 1 is pretty rare in the US, I haven't run into anyone using it in years, but there are bound to be a few.
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Aug 10, 2009, 06:46 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman26
Mode 1 is pretty rare in the US, I haven't run into anyone using it in years, but there are bound to be a few.
I only know a few, QQ for one flys mode 1. (odds are if you see a video of someone hovering and waving at the crowd, he's flying mode 1) If you think about it, it really makes sense to separate the aileron/elevator, particularly for rolling maneuvers. I thought about switching to Mode 4, tried it a few times but decided I had Mode 2 so ingrained that it would take years to get back to the same (mediocre) level.

For example, in Mode 4, for a rolling circle you just set the roll rate and throttle with the left stick, and rotate the right stick around the bezel, not that simple, of course, because you have to get the timing down. Mode one is basically the same with the sticks reversed. To do the same rolling circle in Mode 2, you have to move the right stick to roll, feed in the left for rudder, feed in down elevator with the right stick, while simultaneously taking out the rudder with the left etc. More like rubbing your stomach/patting your head at the same time.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr