SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2002, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2002
109 Posts
Side by side packs

There seems to be a lot of people doing soldered end-to-end packs when there is a need for high current delivery. In my case, I need to conserve space so I would like to assemble my 7 cell sub-C packs side by side with 4 on the bottom and 3 on the top. Can I expect any significant amount of extra resistance compared to end-to-end because of the extra cell connectors? Any other disadvantages?
Downwind is offline Find More Posts by Downwind
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2002, 02:11 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2001
120 Posts
Re: Side by side packs

Quote:
Originally posted by Downwind
Can I expect any significant amount of extra resistance compared to end-to-end because of the extra cell connectors? Any other disadvantages?
If your connectors are hefty enough for your amperage there should not be any extra resistance. On road RC car racers usually have to use side by side (saddle packs) to keep the center of gravity low.
LarryFlew is offline Find More Posts by LarryFlew