HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2013, 04:57 PM
i love legos
Southington, CT
Joined Feb 2006
116 Posts
Discussion
Air Hogs Aero Ace Sport - THE BEST

This was my first air hogs - in fact this was my first R/C airplane ever. It got eaten by my friends dog after hours and hours of fun. Worst day ever. After thousands of dollars on planes heli's and simulators I still think back to how this plane is the SOLE reason I first learned how to fly. Back then flying 6 channel heli's and giant planes was only a dream of mine. Now that it has become reality I CRAVE to have this plane again. IMO everything went down hill for the little 40 dollar air hog toys found at the we sell everything store's!!! nothing air hogs made ever seemed to capture the awesomeness of the green sport plane!! charge it up, tape a dime on the front and have a BLAST.

I feel as if somewhere on this planet there is one kicking around brand new unopened. I would do ANYTHING to get my hands on my first love again.

Does anyone know where it can be found!? Is it even possible!? Back then i had every aero ace. I spent ALL my money on them and flew countless ones into tree's or into the oblivion to never be seen again. However NONE every compared to the sport!!!!

I know that the original company that made it is silverlit - however the interwebs has turned up nothing. WHERE DO I FIND HER. I MISS HER. I NEED HER. its great to know I had just as much fun with my 40 dollar toy as I do flipping giant spinning bladed heli's and flying every plane I've owned since!!!! not to mention purposly flying into stuff without having to worry about replacing parts!!! OHHH THE NOSTALGIA !!!!!!

did anyone else love this thing as much as me?!

satinsilverk20a2 is offline Find More Posts by satinsilverk20a2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2013, 07:31 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
686 Posts
It looks similar to the Air Hogs "Sky Stunt" plane I saw today in a Target store for $40.00 Canadian. Push the one channel button on the controller and it does stunts.
This store opened one month ago in Mississauga Ontario and they have a few of these airplanes.

They also have an Air Hogs small electric free flight "Wind Flyer" airplane for $15.00.
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Dec 06, 2013, 07:57 PM
Joined Nov 2008
530 Posts
This one happened to be my first Airhog, same colour and I love it, I also got two Acro jet and the famous bi-plane but years gone by, they are no longer with me. Yes I miss them.

Edmond
Edmond Y is online now Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Dec 07, 2013, 03:11 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Those "sports" were great little planes. Best 2 channel RTF ever IMO.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Dec 07, 2013, 09:36 PM
RIP Sheba :(
Brentwood, CA
Joined Nov 2002
1,144 Posts
Old post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ve+hug+your+aa

Still have mine

Rob
Robster is offline Find More Posts by Robster
Old Dec 07, 2013, 09:56 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster View Post
Cool, mine got away as I sold most of my AH stuff to a guy who wanted my "sport" but had to buy most of my AH fleet to get it..These things are legendary and in high demand if in flying condition..

Here is mine at the flight club indoor..my buddy Jay is at the controls on this flight...
FC..AH Sport (0 min 15 sec)
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Dec 07, 2013, 11:30 PM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
Air Hogs Sky Stunt Review (10 min 18 sec)
i have no such luck with planes. i had a sky stunt and went through two of them that didnt perform well. ^ thats my review. everyone was a hater because i flew in a gym.
Mr. Slender Man is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Slender Man
Last edited by Mr. Slender Man; Dec 07, 2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added to my train of thought,.
Old Dec 08, 2013, 02:19 PM
1-2 ounces of pure fun!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Sep 2013
131 Posts
Mr. Slender Man, that was almost too painful to continue watching. I give you an A+++++++++++++++++++ for effort though.
weewings is offline Find More Posts by weewings
Old Dec 08, 2013, 04:47 PM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weewings View Post
Mr. Slender Man, that was almost too painful to continue watching. I give you an A+++++++++++++++++++ for effort though.
thank you weewings! my gosh i was so upset by this. imagine a kid getting one like that and an angry parent to go with it. toysrus doesnt allow rc returns which is dumb IMO. i got so much crap for that video i had to disable the comments, i got the usual, "youre supposed to fly it outside. it says so on the box" uhh no it doesnt... i flew in the gym as a control so wind couldnt affect it. regardless of being in the gym if it were to work right it would have the power to fly in that gym. must have been a bad motor. i flew it outside with the same results. luckily their customer support saw my video, took the old one to their warehouse for testing and sent me a free sky stunt that i later gave away for free on a youtube contest. i didnt want to give it another try.
Mr. Slender Man is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Slender Man
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:54 PM
1-2 ounces of pure fun!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Sep 2013
131 Posts
It acts as though the rudder was not working. I have seen the two engine ones that use thrust differential fly quite well. I did see this same model on YT and it flew pretty good so you definately got a bad one.

Good to hear that CS took care of it.
weewings is offline Find More Posts by weewings
Last edited by weewings; Dec 09, 2013 at 11:05 AM.