HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
I could see that those watching the video might have thought it was a protest.............For about 2 minutes right up until the guys with the RPGs, AK's and Mortors started showing up.

I'm sure we will soon find out that Obama's handlers put the spin on things. Axlerod and Jarrett. Who else would pull such a stunt??
The mortars didn't show up until around 5 hours into the attack. And even then, not at the consulate, but at the safehouse compound.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:30 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
None of that says the State Department never thought the attack was linked with a protest, as you claim.
Why would they think it was linked to a protest? THERE WAS NO PROTEST. I don't know how much more clear it could be. When it was almost dark the ambassador walked a guest out and there was no one there but security. Unless the security gaurds were protesting then there was no protest. The next people that showed up weren't protesting. They were attacking. People don't protest with RPG's and machine guns. People don't typically start a protest in the dark. It defeats the point if no one can see you protest. They do assault and attack at night. When the consulate called tripoli, the white house and the reaction team it was about an attack, not a protest.

I cannot believe the lengths that some of you will go to try to continue to accept the presidents story when no facts support it and they all show they have been lying. It's amazing.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Hey Rum you can stop now. Petraeus testified. There's no conspiracy.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
All we now know is that if he is telling the truth, he isn't a part of a conspiracy. Now the President and Ms. Rice are still left with their teats in a ringer.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
The mortars didn't show up until around 5 hours into the attack. And even then, not at the consulate, but at the safehouse compound.
OK and Team Obama was still pushing the video excuse 2 weeks after the attack started.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:53 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
I never said there was a conspiracy did I? There is simply nothing that can justify the administration lying about this.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:57 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
The President and Rice lying isn't a conspiracy ... it is what it is.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunner_1492 View Post
i never said there was a conspiracy did i? There is simply nothing that can justify the administration lying about this.
lol. Maybe you didn't specifically say a conspiracy exists between O and P. But you definitely believe there is an overall conspiracy with obama and benghazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunner_1492 View Post
with the msm in the tank they don't have to worry about getting heat for it.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
lol. Maybe you didn't specifically say a conspiracy exists between O and P. But you definitely believe there is an overall conspiracy with obama and benghazi.
Just because I feel the MSM will not give Obama heat for lying does not mean I think there is a conspiracy.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Why would they think it was linked to a protest? THERE WAS NO PROTEST. I don't know how much more clear it could be. When it was almost dark the ambassador walked a guest out and there was no one there but security. Unless the security gaurds were protesting then there was no protest. The next people that showed up weren't protesting. They were attacking. People don't protest with RPG's and machine guns. People don't typically start a protest in the dark. It defeats the point if no one can see you protest. They do assault and attack at night. When the consulate called tripoli, the white house and the reaction team it was about an attack, not a protest.

I cannot believe the lengths that some of you will go to try to continue to accept the presidents story when no facts support it and they all show they have been lying. It's amazing.
In the days after the attack, exactly what happened was unclear. Many different streams of intelligence were being received by the State Department all at once, and they made their best estimate of the situation based on the entirety of what was going on in the region at that time.

You seem to be parsing what they said on the 16th of September, with what they later learned, and indeed reported in October. Are you trying to back date their October reporting of what happened to before Rice made her statement on the 16th of September? Worse, you seem to be coming to your own conclusions as to how such events transpire. Your speculation now has no greater merit than that of the State Department in the days following the attack.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
In the days after the attack, exactly what happened was unclear. Many different streams of intelligence were being received by the State Department all at once, and they made their best estimate of the situation based on the entirety of what was going on in the region at that time.

You seem to be parsing what they said on the 16th of September, with what they later learned, and indeed reported in October. Are you trying to back date their October reporting of what happened to before Rice made her statement on the 16th of September? Worse, you seem to be coming to your own conclusions as to how such events transpire. Your speculation now has no greater merit than that of the State Department in the days following the attack.
Well, the State Department has more merit, because they're actually privy to first or second hand information - not spin doctor reports from butthurt pundits and bloggers.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Unclassified talking points used by Rice:

Quote:
-- The currently available information suggests that the demonstrations in Benghazi were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US Embassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi and subsequently its annex. There are indications that extremists participated in the violent demonstrations.

-- This assessment may change as additional information is collected and analyzed and as currently available information continues to be evaluated.

-- The investigation is ongoing, and the U.S. government is working with Libyan authorities to bring to justice those responsible for the deaths of U.S. citizens.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/16/politi...ngs/index.html

Yet the blame game continues:

Quote:
But the committee's senior Republican, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, said he doesn't think the issue is settled.

He said the concern is not whether the talking points were correct, but that Rice didn't go far enough.

"She knew at that point and time that al Qaeda was very likely responsible in part or in whole for the death of Ambassador Stevens," he said, intimating that Rice should have said that.
Chambliss is wrong. al Qaeda has never been directly implicated in the attack. The group responsible may have some ties to al Qaeda, but that is vastly different than saying al Qaeda itself was involved. How come those out for blood aren't after him for saying so? Because it doesn't fit their agenda, of course. Such behavior from those on the committee responsible for getting to the truth of the matter is beyond belief. And they still get away with it.
Last edited by thunder1; Nov 16, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:29 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,993 Posts
But you don't identify in as anything more than BS if it has no authority to it and this didn't seem to have anything more than Valarie or Barry's opinion and his would be because Valarie told him it was his opinion.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Did not think this whole thing passed the smell test from day one.

Turns out I was correct. There is FAR more to this story than meets the eye....

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...-twins-ex.html
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,520 Posts
Did you find that witch yet......?

She flew over my house on Halloween Night but she's probably long gone by now.

Have fun with the hunt.
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings